If you do roleplay, LARP, or otherwise, why do you do it?

I’ve never done LARP (Live Action Role Play) because I’m not good at acting lol, and I’m better at being imaginative while writing or texting, (hence why I write and read.) But I like to do roleplay because it distracts from my own thoughts, and from my own actions, which in the past have caused me harm.

I’ve been doing role play for about 7 years now, just texting, and any kind really, just because it’s a good distraction. Okay. Now you go, why do you do role play if you do?

48

Most Helpful Guy

• I have roleplayed on forums online. It really helped me when I was doing it. I feel like my grammar and vocabulary improved a lot and was better at expressing complex feelings. Also I feel that my ability to read and understand the little differences in words improved a lot. (And I did it because ot was cool and helped me get away from my kind for a while)

Most Helpful Girl

• I've roleplayed online. Either as my own characters, Marty from Back to the Future, or Captain Phasma from Star Wars. Been doing it off and on for about 5 years. I do it to work on my dialogue because I usually have a hard time nailing down character voices. Also sometimes just for stress relief. Me and my friend write a lot of weird AU scenarios where my Marty and her John Crichton (Farscape) meet a lot.

I never knew where to look to find larping groups but I've considered it because it seemed fun.