If you do roleplay, LARP, or otherwise, why do you do it?

I’ve never done LARP (Live Action Role Play) because I’m not good at acting lol, and I’m better at being imaginative while writing or texting, (hence why I write and read.) But I like to do roleplay because it distracts from my own thoughts, and from my own actions, which in the past have caused me harm.

I’ve been doing role play for about 7 years now, just texting, and any kind really, just because it’s a good distraction. Okay. Now you go, why do you do role play if you do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have roleplayed on forums online. It really helped me when I was doing it. I feel like my grammar and vocabulary improved a lot and was better at expressing complex feelings. Also I feel that my ability to read and understand the little differences in words improved a lot. (And I did it because ot was cool and helped me get away from my kind for a while)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've roleplayed online. Either as my own characters, Marty from Back to the Future, or Captain Phasma from Star Wars. Been doing it off and on for about 5 years. I do it to work on my dialogue because I usually have a hard time nailing down character voices. Also sometimes just for stress relief. Me and my friend write a lot of weird AU scenarios where my Marty and her John Crichton (Farscape) meet a lot.

I never knew where to look to find larping groups but I've considered it because it seemed fun.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• RP is like multiplayer story writing. Fun, fantasy, creativity

0|1
    0|0
  • I like to rp in world of Warcraft once in a while, but basically everyone I used to play with have quit the game.

0|0
    0|0
  • I play DnD and talisman, I may or may not be stealing some names from them. XD

0|0
    0|0
  • I did role play on sex... I love it

0|1
    0|0
  • i do roleplay but its not larp

0|0
    0|0
  • No I'm not good at pretending I'm someone else

0|0
    0|0
  • Sexual roleplays

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• face to face Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, Traveller, Vampire, etc.

Love Pathfinder a lot... play with 4 guys & another girl on Friday nights.. they are all old and married or too old to date... safe guys... and me and the other girl shock the guys all the time with stuff they never would think about since they are guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did mass text role-playing online for years, because I loved the idea of writing an interactive story. I stopped, because I felt like most games started to revolve around romantic relationship and sexual things which I wasn't into at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love tabletop RPGs like Dungeons and Dragons and Vampire. I played in a few LARPs back in college.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes