Why do people hate clowns?

I think they are coolWhy do people hate clowns?Why do people hate clowns?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate clowns... Clowns r scary and I have nightmares..
    Clowns should not be scary and should not do wrong things like kidnapped ( sorry watched an investigation show )

I just complete hate clowns..

0|0
    0|0
    • It sounds like you hate kidnappers (which is understandable), but you haven't identified why you are scared of clowns.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• They don't bother me either. But I've heard before that people are uncomfortable with clowns because they are like humans in disguise

0|0
    0|0
  • There was some study done, I can't remember by who or when I read it. I'm sure if you actually bothered to Google it it would be in there somewhere. But one of the conclusions was that psychologically clowns freak us out because they paint on facial features and our brains are hardwired to look for faces but the made up faces also don't look right to us so we get freaked out.

I'm not sure how it covered people who aren't freaked out at all though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are creepy AF. There is nothing cute or fun about them. I don't and have never gotten the correlation to kids and fun and happiness. They are traumatizing.

0|0
    0|1
  • I love clowns. They scare people and that’s what’s cool about them 😎

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't hate them. More like I'm severely annoyed with their mere existence

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are scary

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not

0|0
    0|0
  • I like them

0|1
    0|0
  • I love you amused for

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Well, your first pic is a mash-up of Hugh Laurie's character House and Marvel Comic's Venom with clownish colors and a red nose added. Your second pic is a little girl in a clown inspired Halloween costume. So I have to ask, what is your definition of a clown?

If we're talking about movie monsters like Stephen King's IT, then obviously people are scared of them because those characters are designed to be scary. If we're talking about pranksters wearing masks at night or juggalos, then people dislike them because most of them are trying (and failing) to be scary.

If we're talking about Actual clowns, like you'd see in a classic circus or birthday party, then the first issue that coulrophobes have is with their makeup. Circus clowns of old had to entertain large audiences without cameras or microphones to project their show for them. So, they painted exaggerated expressions on their faces and used big physical actions so that the people in the cheap seats could still see the gags and follow the stories. Up close, those painted expressions can look grotesque and unsettling, but most modern clowns design their faces to be cute/funny up close as well as from a distance.

The issue of some clown failing to be funny or entertaining falls on either that clown's abilities or that audience member's sense of humor.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's all in the brain, we are scared because we simply do not know what underneath the mask

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't hate them

Just weird

0|0
    0|0
  • They think they're creepy

0|0
    0|0
  • I never have liked them they are creepy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes