Do you like romance in your roleplaying games?

This is for people who play Dungeons and Dragons, Vampire or other tabletop RPGs. I love romance as long as it doesn't disrupt the main plot of the game.

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Haven't had that occur (at least not explicitly), could be fun though. I get a feeling it would be easier with NPCs than PC's though. As for disruption, you could potentially work it to make quests etc., especially if the other partner was a npc.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm mostly talking about NPCs, though it has happened between PCs too.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like it a lot, but the guys i game with get all weird or turn it sexual.

Their loss... i tried one time to get super descriptive in a romantic situation and the guys were getting uncomfie and the GM finally asked/told me to stop... please... i suspect there were 5 Boners under the table... LOL

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Yes!
    Romance is a good narrative underplot. I find it interesting to confront PC with dilemma, the world, or your mate? niark niark.
    But wisely, otherwise, it just weighen the play, and pleasure goes away. ^^

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure. It's kind of like Anime or even video games. Romance in a lot of video games helps with character development and the background story to flow. Case in point, FF7. That was a big part of the background story in that epic role playing game, was the connection that Ariel and Cloud had in it...

1|0
    0|0
  • I mostly only play with a bunch of straight guys like me, so we never use it. I think it might be kinda hot if the female character was played by a real life female that I considered attractive, but then I can see that derailing the main plot. If it was LARP, I bet it would be easier to work in a subtle romance while also maintaining a super-objective.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like role play in my romance. Keep me guessing and you keep me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've found that most people can't handle it lol 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Not game but i like romance

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

Recommended myTakes