Does it hurt to get a tattoo?

I am wanting to get tattoos but I am sensitive and i easily have a weak stomach and I pass out easily to ( I been like this sense I was little ) and I do hate needles..
But I do want to know does it hurt though.. Or does it depend on where u get it?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Maybe I don't know
    Vote C
  • Depends where u get it
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not pleasant, it hurts more in all the nooks, crannies and shallows. Then there is the obvious spots like your rib cage.
    Pop some IBuprofen before you go it will help the artist with your pain and skin swelling.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the size, the design and the place you get it, but it can also hurt depending on how tense you are, so when you get it, you have to relax and let the muscles do their own thing

I have 4 tattoos, and each time they had different pain levels

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• listen up, chest is supposed to hurt, (I didn't think it did but whoopty-doo). what hurts with a tattoo is when they tattoo over parts of the body that cover vital stuff, places with a lot of nerve endings or, when they hit spots where there isn't a lot covering your bones...

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a needle stabbing you hundreds of times over a period of time. What do you think?

1|0
    0|0
  • They hurt and take a while to heal. It depends on how big of a tattoo you get.

1|0
    0|0
  • It hurts but honestly it's not that bad (depending on where you get it). You get used to it pretty quickly

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmm. Anywhere you get it, it will be at least a little sore. Mine on my shoulder wasn't too bad. It only really hurt during getting it, afterwards it was fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am well experienced, the outline is a little painful, the coloring in hurts more and is annoying, and it is addictive.

1|0
    0|0
  • To me the recovering process is the worst. It takes about three weeks to heal up.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't describe it as pain. It's more.. Annoying. But also addictive.

1|0
    0|0
    • in essence it's creating a graze wound, as if you've fallen off your bike and dragged your knee over the floor, just very slowly so. the healing process is the same.

• The pain differs depending where you get it but it still hurts a little no matter where you get it

1|0
    0|0
  • it hurts no matter where you get it but nothing to be afraid of

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on where you get it and where the needle goes. Where r u getting it

1|0
    0|0
  • Some spots are worse than others. I would describe it as a stinging sunburn as they put it on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes then eventually you regret them😁

1|0
    0|0
    • You’ll regret them if they don’t have meaning*

• Show All
    • Give it a go but NEVER put a chicks name on your arm !😀

• I have my moms name on my wrist because she passed away 6 months ago tell me how that’ll lose meaning in a few years

• Yes it hurts a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • depends on area and your tolerance towards pain.

2|0
    0|0
  • Maybe I don't know

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• depends on where you get it. I thought my wrist was going to hurt as the skin is thin there - but it didn't. Felt like I was continously scratching my skin.
    And it's very addictive. I've only got the one, but I want 4 or 5 more...

1|0
    0|0
  • It hurts at least a little regardless of where you get it. How much it hurts is dependent on the spot.

2|1
    0|0
  • A needle filled with ink stabbing Into your skin thousands of times isn’t goint to feel like a feather tickler.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've done one on the most painful body part and I didn't even want to pause. It's not that painful as we think it is

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes but it hurts more to remove it so think good before you get one

1|0
    0|0
  • It will always be uncomfortable and will usually hurt. The extent to which it hurts depends on where you get the tattoo. For example, places where there's less fatty tissue and therefore the skin is closer to the bone are more likely to hurt - e. g. the ankle is generally considered very, very painful. Tattoos are needles piercing your skin very, very quickly, it will never feel like sunshine and roses :P I guess there's also different people's pain tolerances. My mother had her tattoo on the inside of her wrist and she said it felt hot and like being scratched.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not that awful if it's short periods of time. I had a 7h long session and it was hell

1|0
    0|0
  • Well a duh

1|0
    0|0
    • Sorry I just didn't know I wanted people opinion that all

• Show All
    • It might not apply if you're in the US but it sure does near me in England

• Not that much for me it didn't

1|0
    0|0
  • Umm depends where you get it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hurts soo bad

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes