Which classic novel's first line do you like most?

• It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. (Pride and Prejudice)
    Vote A
  • All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way. (Anna Karenina)
    Vote B
  • It was a pleasure to burn. (Fahrenheit 451)
    Vote C
  • It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. (1984)
    Vote D
  • All this happened, more or less. (Slaughterhouse-Five)
    Vote E
  • In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since. (The Great Gatsby)
    Vote F
  • The cold passed reluctantly from the earth, and the retiring fogs revealed an army stretched out on the hills, resting. (The Red Badge of Courage)
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• "The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel." – William Gibson, Neuromancer

1|0
    0|0
    • Another would be, Raymond Chandlers the Long Goodbye
      The first time I laid eyes on Terry Lennox he was drunk in a Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith outside the terrace of The Dancers. The parking lot attendant had brought the car out and he was still holding the door open because Terry Lennox's left foot was still dangling outside, as if he had forgotten he had one. He had a young-looking face but his hair was bone white. You could tell by his eyes that he was plastered to the hairline, but otherwise he looked like any other nice young guy in a dinner jacket who had been spending too much money in a joint that exists for that purpose and for no other.

• Show All

Most Helpful Girl

• pride and prejudice lmfao. fuuuuuck.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• "Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board."

-Zora Neale Hurston, Their Eyes Were Watching God

1|0
    0|0
  • "It's a pleasure to burn".. That seems like a good one-liner.. LOL..

1|0
    0|0
  • I was born ready motherf**ker
    Blade
    Ops I lied
    Commando

1|0
    0|0
  • "'You've no choice. Look back.'"
    The story of Hansel & Gretel

1|0
    0|0

1|0
    0|0
  • "Lmao dood just gib me ur stuff"
    - Karl Marx

2|2
    0|1
  • "Call me Ishmael" from Moby Dick

2|0
    0|0
  • I'd go with tolstoy.

1|0
    0|0
  • It was a queer time. A time to be alive but also dead. It started right after they killed the last liberal troublemaker. Spirits were sky high with hope for our future, the future of the country and the future of the earth. Finally we could all breath and freedom of speech was restored. -- Sarah Huckabee. Fan fiction

1|0
    0|0
  • Call me Ishmael - Moby Dick

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• What about
    “It was the best of times it was the worst of times “ - A Tale of Two Cities

3|0
    0|0
  • "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." -A Tale of Two Cities

2|2
    0|0
  • I am so biased toward Pride and Prejudice, the others didn't have a fair chance. I ❤ that book. One of my top three

2|0
    0|0

1|0
    0|0
  • “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times” from A Tale of Two Cities.

1|0
    0|0
  • From Anna Karenina. Even though I found the book boring.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pride and Prejudice <3

1|0
    0|0
  • Pride and prejudice. Lol

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes