Which classic novel's first line do you like most?

• It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. (Pride and Prejudice)
  • All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way. (Anna Karenina)
  • It was a pleasure to burn. (Fahrenheit 451)
    Vote C
  • It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. (1984)
    Vote D
  • All this happened, more or less. (Slaughterhouse-Five)
    Vote E
  • In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since. (The Great Gatsby)
    Vote F
  • The cold passed reluctantly from the earth, and the retiring fogs revealed an army stretched out on the hills, resting. (The Red Badge of Courage)
    Vote G

911

Most Helpful Guy

• "The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel." – William Gibson, Neuromancer

• Another would be, Raymond Chandlers the Long Goodbye
      The first time I laid eyes on Terry Lennox he was drunk in a Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith outside the terrace of The Dancers. The parking lot attendant had brought the car out and he was still holding the door open because Terry Lennox's left foot was still dangling outside, as if he had forgotten he had one. He had a young-looking face but his hair was bone white. You could tell by his eyes that he was plastered to the hairline, but otherwise he looked like any other nice young guy in a dinner jacket who had been spending too much money in a joint that exists for that purpose and for no other.

Most Helpful Girl

• pride and prejudice lmfao. fuuuuuck.