Why did people hate on Star Wars the last Jedi?

I watched it last night and thought it was a well made movie that also did a good job keeping it apolitical. Yet many people say that it was bad. Does anyone know why? I’m just curious. It even has a 7.4 rating which is pretty low for such a big movie.Why did people hate on Star Wars the last Jedi?

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

What Guys Said 47

• There are two parts: People that See it in todays context, that only See sjw politics in it (Which is true) and People, that See the movie as an Art piece without social context (what I did). The later ones found the movie good, because its good vs evil with complex Elements in it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm welp
    **spoilers**
    That annoying Asian girl who is a hypocrite at the end
    Snoke
    Luke
    The fucking alien horse scene... the fuck?
    What else? Too much comedy in my opinion tho people seem to like that
    I don't know i didn't hate it i didn't love it

0|1
    0|0
  • Whenever i watch a star wars film, i find that it usually provides a certain feel (not a very descriptive, i know) but when i watched the last Jedi, it didn't feel like star wars. And I found some of the humour really out of place.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing beats the originals? Because they had high expectations for it to be as close to the standards and quality of the originals? Whatever the case may be, everyone has their own opinions and biases. The fanbase and community will always have a consensus, majority vs the minority. Guess more fans of the originals became upset at how it all turned out, especially in regards to all of the original characters like Leia, Luke and Han Solo, although Chewbacca seemed to not have changed much if at all. But whatever the case may be I had a good laugh at those "Porgs", to me that was the funniest and most interesting part of the movie, I don't give a fuck what others think of me for saying that, because that's MY OPINION and that's just what I ENJOYED ABOUT IT. And the next thing you know, they might even have a fucking spin off called "Porg Wars".

0|1
    0|0
  • The new star wars movies aren't George Lucas films (creator) of star wars he told Disney to kick rocks because he wasn't going to give them any more stories, so the new movies aren't part of the actual star wars story at all. Disney started making their own star wars films starting with force awakens and everything after it including rogue... real star wars fans know the stories and the episodes and who the true characters are like rey and kylo ren are made up. Disney trashed George Lucas and when Disney approached him for the story behind Yoda he said no so Disney killed off han solo Disney is ruining everything including the avengers

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't knoe about the hype... But to be it was boring... Since it didn't met my expectations of being thrilling enough... The cast was fine... But story was slow paced and predictable... not much action either... so 👎

0|0
    0|0
    • It wasn't thrilling enough, but I think the reason is quite the opposite. Too much action without proper build up, not enough calm scenes in contrast to the action.

• We all have our perspective

• I laughed at one of the scenes as you could clearly tell there was a green screen. Anyway, I enjoyed the movie overall, but it will never match the originals.

0|0
    0|0
  • People are sensitive as hell these days and look for ways to be offended. In this case, particularly from the alt-right who are mad that it stars a women and people of color.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t think that’s the reason why people actually hated this movie, although a lot of people are tired Hollywood’s political bias, people seem to criticize it due to the story.

• I hated it for its crappy feminist Mary Sue Poorly written BS.

And yet.. funny...

I like Wonder Woman and Black Panther. General Okaya (you know, black AND female) in particular was pretty good!

So are you certain it's just because "it stars a woman and people of color?"

Maybe because it's just bad because Rian Johnson, Kathleen Sebilius, and J. J. Abrams suck and building compelling stories without screwing it over with their personal and ultimately empty politics.

• many people didn't like the way Luke was potrayed, he should have been potrayed as growing more powerful with the force since the days of the original trilogy

0|1
    0|0
  • There are many major plotholes in this movie which make the saga contradictory with itself and some of the Star Wars movies completely USELESS.

The biggest plothole is that moment when this lady decides to sacrifice herself to destroy the entire enemy fleet by running over them in hyper speed. The problem there is simply : if you could have done that from the beginning, why haven't you been using this technic more?

Some kamikazes there and there and the Death Star would have been vanished in no time.

0|1
    0|0
    • There are plotholes, but they can't just kamikaze into the death star. Once there's gravitational pull, they fall out of hyperspace, and the death star got it's own gravitational pull, so they would fall out of hyperspace in front of the death star. Their Star destroyer can force you to leave hyperspace as well.

• You're right ! My point was more that many battles would have been won or won more easily if they had used this same technic ! The Death Star was a bad example tho, my bad !

• Because nothing will ever be as good as the original trilogy

0|3
    0|0
  • Well it still has plot holes and copy paste shit, but in my opinion its significantly better than TFA which was simply a piece of shit

0|0
    0|0
  • have you seen the other star wars? do you know the extended universe?

0|1
    0|0
  • Fuck feminism and minorities they took starwars away from me.

0|0
    1|0
  • It's a close to s remake of another star wars film just can't think of the title

0|0
    0|0
  • I love SW original trilogy. The new movies can burn in hell. Politically correct garbage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lame humor and it was all about feminism

0|2
    0|0
  • I only care for the original three.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have yet to see the new star wars movies

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it was bad