Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis vs Donkey Kong (the original). which game is better?

• Mortal Kombat on Sega Genesis is the best video game ever
    Vote A
  • I disagree, it's a very good game but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever
    Vote B
  • Donkey Kong Sucks!
    Vote C
  • Well you know something, YOU SUCK!
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Zelda! Any of them... But DK is better then MK. I'll take exploring a world over the same fucking thing over and over with slight changes in the pretty lights and sounds...

0|1
    0|0
    • Fighting games are really meant for those that like to play competitively especially back in the days of Coin or Token operatad Arcade machines. One other thing, the computer opponents, especially in the second and later Mortal Kombat games were ridiculously too cheap and difficult to beat without knowing their programming flaws in their behavior patterns to exploit.

Most Helpful Guy

• I still think the original Arcade Coin-Operated version of Mortal Kombat is preferred and better, but back in the day they had inferior home consoles with limited hardware capabilities so we're stuck with 16-bit systems. One interesting thing to make note of is for the Sega Genesis version of Mortal Kombat, you can enable the blood using a code. While the Super Nintendo version is completely censored, no blood, the fatalities are completely different.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Well this was a tough one. But I have more great memories of smoking pot, playing mortal kombat projected on the wall making them life size, kicking my cousins a$$ the entire summer after work.

0|1
    0|0
  • Seeing as I haven't played Mortal Kombat I can't really judge this one.

0|1
    1|0
  • Donkey Kong.

0|1
    0|0
    • And you suck.

• Show All
    • One other thing, there are no Donkey Kong games on Sega Genesis, at least not officially licensed ones from Nintendo themselves. Maybe the script writers had confused themselves with the Super Nintendo, as that system has both games.

• Being on the bottom is great! πŸ˜›

• this is a children's question -34 really?

0|1
    0|2
  • Idgaf
    Just wanted to say hi
    Lol 😘

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• The real question should be: Which is bettah? Shampoo or Conditioner?

"Shampoo is bettah! I go on first and clean the hair!"
    "Conditioner is bettah! I leave the hair silky and smooth!
    "Oh really fool?" "Really!"

0|1
    0|0
  • The original Motal Kombat was a really unique game back in the days

However the Sega Genesis version was not that great while the SNES version was really good

I didn't own a SNES I was on the Sega side... but I have to say every game that was released on both consoles the SNES was way better

0|1
    0|0
  • As much as I love MK... its no doubt donkey kong...

like it's very very hard for a fighter style game to beat an adventure... and not just any adventure game, arguably one of the best during that time. DK for sure

0|1
    0|0
  • Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on Sega Genesis was one the best games for Sega Genesis (It was way better the SNES version, Super Street Fighter 2, Killer Instinct, and way better then Donkey Kong).

0|1
    0|0
  • I choose Mortal Kombat, though I had it on my Sega CD. I had much more fun with MK when I was a kid than with Donkey Kong. My characters of choice in the original were Sub Zero, Rayden, and Scorpion.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why mk on the genesis when donkey kong is a Nintendo game? Not to mention they are wildly different types of games

0|1
    0|0
  • I never had Sega Genesis, I played Mortal Kombat on Super Nintendo, and it was great. Donkey Kong wasn't that good until Donkey Kong 64.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd rather play with you 😏😏 Yiu are a BATTLE toad, right? No? Oh shit! 😱😱

0|1
    0|0
  • Mortal kombat is wayybetter

0|2
    0|0
    • LOL, it's actually different to compare since one is a fighting game meant to play competitively, while the other one is an old school platformer. And just for the record, there are NO Donkey Kong games on the Sega Genesis so he must have mistaken the Super Nintendo system as the Sega Genesis.

• Show All
    • I'm right there with ya, I asked that question. The only reason I could think of is because the genesis version could have blood enabled so I guess it would be more "pure"

• @jimyee Yea, I remembered that back in the day, you get the code right, that screen with the text turns red with Scorpion yelling his "GET OVER HERE!", well that's the way I remembered it LOL. Don't forget about the debug "Cheat" mode code: DULLARD LOL :-D

• Mortal Kombat >>>

1|1
    0|0
  • Mortal Kombat on Sega Genesis.

0|1
    0|0
  • mortal Kombat πŸ’™πŸ’š

0|1
    0|0
  • Donkey Kong

0|1
    0|0