Why don’t people like having deep conversations?

I mean there are some but most are so superficial. It’s so dissapointing and boring.

941

Most Helpful Guy

• I loathe small talk and prefer deep, interesting conversations about everything. In real life, not just with any random stranger. Trust has to be there.

Even still, I, by far, prefer meaningful talk that's actually relevant.

@Fitness-Fanatic is a member here who usually posts some interesting and thought provoking questions.

Pixie woo (correct name? Sam and her sister I mean) on social media tend to shun the fake fronts and talk about some interesting subjects now and then.

I'm a no nonsense guy but I've met NO ONE in life who prefers such and can actually talk sense, but also light hearted when required. Except my ex-fiance who passed away and my best friend. I don't mean fanboys of any topic either. That individual is actually who I have always been searching for to be my life long partner.

It seems actual thinking is a very rare untaught quality these days, and critical contemplation with introspection even more so.

I've found people are often scared to even try it as they just can't handle it. Hence a lot who I've seen with this capability be suffering from depression because they see more and understand better than those around them but others still make airhead choices to hurt them. What they don't realize is, the people who have deep introspection and accountability for themselves take measured actions and will often get severely hurt when wrongly accused of things.

So I will say that it brings severe pressure/stress into everything hence maybe it's only some that are born with the traits to deal with it.

But usually those few are influencers and game changers. All the top people in history, top scientists and revolutionists were such.

Most Helpful Girl

• FOR REAL! I try to have a meaningful conversation with most people and they don't want to. It's literally a requirement for someone to be able be a good friend to me. If we can't have meaningful or deep conversations then I don't see how we're going to be able support each other when we need it.