Where is the line between art and not art?

517

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• If the creator calls it art and the viewer is open to accepting it as such, then it is art.

What Guys Said 16

• There is no line. Art is subjective, and that's the point. There's beauty and creativity to be seen in everything and that's what makes art art in my eyes. Some people may not see the beauty in stuff I see beauty in, and that's cool, because art is subjective.

• Art: A person gets inspired to use an original and unique method to deliver an intended message.
    Not art: Putting a fried bullhorn on display, telling the audience to create their own subjective meaning to it because "art is in the eye of the beholder"...

• What is art depends from person to person, what one sees as art doesn't have to be for another. Thinking like this everything is art and nothing is art at the same time. The question is; Where do I personally draw the line?

• Well, this is really subjective, as people have called shitting on a white page art. I don't even fucking know anymore tbh.

• That would have to depend on what the 'not art' is... an artist can make or create a sandwich, but that doesn't mean it's art.

• There is now rule for this, nowadays everything can be considered art.

• Art like anything else is in the "eyes of the beholder."

• A space

• Everything is Art even nothing is also art

• Your body = art ;)

• Lack of appreciation.

• Non art?

• Not art will not cause a reaction
    Art engages

• That line is called opinion

• Shit and shit with glitter

• That depends on the person really

What Girls Said 4

• That's a good question. Personally when I think about art I think about the expression of something or someone.

• There really isn't a line art is anything you think of art is everywhere in like like how the trees loss their leaves or how the sky changes colors art is everywhere but no where all in one

• Anything can be art, it's just a matter of perception.

• in the eye of the beholder...