Is IQ irrelevant?

I like to think of myself as a moderately-sharp cookie but then I get 99 (not online) on a fairly legit test that's bloody under average which means basically retarded.
  • Yes
  • Sometimes
  • No
    Vote C
I genuinely think they fucked up the marking though, will get a new one and it'll probably be like 130-160
Did the test again got 990, they forgot to carry the one, still not happy tbh.

423

Most Helpful Girl

• If the IQ would be the only measure of intelligence, a lot of people would be dumb.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi.

I have had my IQ tested when I was in my late teens. The result was that I had an IQ of 152 on the Cattell III B. If you are not familiar with this test it is one of the few papers accepted as an industry standard for testing ones IQ. Mensa enrolment would see you achieve a high percentile on one of these papers.

What does this mean for me?

Not much. It means I am capable of critical thinking, problem solving, creativity, analysis, linguistics and a lot of other little nuances that sound more important than they are.

Retarded as you put it, would be in the low 70 mark. You are basically a potato pretending to be a human at this point.

You say your score is 99 which means for something like 70-80% of the people on the planet is a fairly strong average amongst the populace.

Where you are going wrong here is assuming the number defines your capability to do something that would be considered genius. . . any one is capable of this, except potatoes.

Don't let this number define who you are.

I am in my opinion, a giant idiot a lot of the time. That doesn't stop me from always just doing what I feel is the right thing to do and continually pushing for excellence in the things I do, be it driving, sculpting, research, education or just like being super lazy (I excel the most in being lazy, watching Netflix and eating chocolate).

I hope this helps.

• I don't care about global average my score is lower than more than 50% of people in my country

• But on a global scale I would assume your score is above average. Seen as how with a larger cross section of people to compare there will be more people who are closer to having a very low IQ.

If not this, then what do you intend to do to placate your posed question? What outcome/ response would benefit you the most here?