Why are so many pirate novels these days romances?

Seriously
I go on goodreads and half the stuff is romance related.
I don't want romance novels, like sure Jack Shandy has a love interest in the Classic pirate fantasy, On Stranger Tides, (yes they based the Pirates of the Caribbean movies on that book)
But it was still full of fights with swords, flintlock pistols, blunderbusses, axes, and sorcery It still had the pirates drink and whore all over the caribbean. It was still focused on being a Pirate Fantasy Adventure.
That is what I want not a romance novel

31

Most Helpful Girls

• It’s a trope. Women are generally very sexually repressed. Pirates are a good fantasy.

• But I want pirat3 adventure stories, with cannons, cutlasses, pistols, possibly some sorcery

• Then I think you’ve gotta write some yourself man 😜

Most Helpful Guy

• It actually seems like they want to have romances in all genres of fiction. It's rather strange but some even read like a fanfiction.