Tomb Raider 2018 Movie! Did you like it?

If you haven’t seen it, do you think it looks good? Why?
  • Yes!
    Vote A
  • Neutral
    Vote B
  • No
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Left with a bad taste in my mouth. While I wanted to like it for sticking to the newer game it rewrote several key pieces of Lara's backstory.

The bad guys were mindless thugs with paperthin motives.

The tomb was cliche traps, disappointing that the story just drops off halfway through. The ending is so anticlimatic and cliche with only Lara Walking away (conviently not affected by the disease) while everybody else dies.

The twist at the end wasn't even shocking, it was apparent from the start that the old bag was up to something.

Overall could have been a good movie... If it wasn't written by a 14 year old teenager.

0|0
    0|0
    • It felt very rushed after the first hour. If they had made it longer, and included more parts of the story, I feel like it could’ve been very great.

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• The tomb (and the puzzles) was extremely lack lustre. Hardly any supernatural threat. What was done well was the moments tension between the human characters beforehand.

1|0
    0|0
  • The actor looks nothing like croft, the actor don't play her well and don't show her personailty. The only good parts in the film are parts that were just a copy and paste from the game even thought it wasn't the same story as the game that it took these parts from. The plot was boring, plus she wasn't really smart like she is in the games. Overall it is a terrible tomb raider film but a meh action film not something people should waste money to watch though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've not seen it yet, but it's a video game movie, so that means it's gonna be bad no matter what. The two recent Tomb Raider games were great though.

0|1
    0|0
    • It’s actually not bad, especially for a video game movie in my opinion. It’s based off the 2013 game

• It being based on the 2013 game just makes the movie unnecessary, and therefore irrelevant. Like, why watch the movie if I can just play the game, which I already know is great. I'll still watch it when I get a chance, so I hope it's good, but I'm not expecting much.

• It was probably a piece of shit like most every remake :)

0|1
    1|1
  • Lehit got bored and left the theater early. Spent like 50 bucks on popcorn and the special Imax theater. Just wasn't my cup a tea i guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • If its like the fairly recent game I played, it'll be technically competent, more politically correct than the old ones, and lacking involvement or character.

0|1
    0|0
  • Looks pretty bland to me, I liked the game it was based off of but storywise I didn't see anything interesting enough on it's own to make me want to watch a film of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am gonna watch it for sure. Dont care if it is called good or bad.

1|0
    0|0
  • Much better that the first movie with A. Jolie. She play well , if the movie getting slower it would more better, the story of the movie was very fast.

0|0
    0|0
  • All the tomb raider movies sucked in my opinion and don't even mirror the actual character at all.

0|0
    2|1
  • I felt well entertained though i missed sex appeal

0|0
    1|0
  • I'm just not interested in it to be honest.

0|0
    0|0
  • Saw it and liked it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tomb Raider is nothing without boobs

0|1
    1|0
  • didn't see it but am going to dl it on pirate bay

0|0
    0|0
  • Not interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm good as a Lara Croft fan but I say Angelina Jolie was better

1|0
    0|0
  • Harshly put the actor doesn’t have tits, tits are 70% of the tomb raider series

0|1
    2|0

What Girls Said 8

• I didn't like it. It's a complete copy of the new TR videogame. Also, I just don't see the main actress as Lara. She just doesn't do it for me.

0|0
    1|0
    • I mean it was based off the 2013 game so I don’t see how it’s a copy of that one

• Didn't see it yet but I'm pretty excited just on the fact that Lara isn't as sexualized as it has been in the past.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm on my way to see it now

1|0
    0|0
  • Haven't seen it yet, but the trailer looks good!

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't seen it yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't watched the movie

0|0
    0|0
  • Wouldn't see it

0|0
    0|0
  • It was good, I guess they went for the recreation of Lara's character. Her origin anyway. And in that case I'll excuse her being weaker and less able to fight like in the pervious tomb raiders that Angelina played in. They took place later on in her career. However, I don't like how annoying her father's situation was and things. Like it was cliche for him to die that way. And cliche for the villian to die. Also, her personality that Angelina gave was missing and not in a good way. This new Lara gave an annoying rookie feel to it. But the movie was pretty good for what it was. She's meant to be a little shit in her origin.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes