Who else things the Superhero/Fast & The Furious movies are Overrated?

I really don't like them at all. And it's not because I'm some harsh critic hipster who only watches high class stuff. I can enjoy silly movies or joke movies. I can enjoy cheesy stories sometimes. But the Avengers. Amazing Spiderman. Black Panther. Any of these movies. I do not enjoy. Im not sure why. I just dont.

Now don't get me wrong the special effects in these movies are godlike. Absolutely incredible. So props to the special effects team. I can admire that. But besides the effects. The stories seem repeative or same formula. The characters feel boring and explosions can only keep my attention so long. Same applies to the Fast and Furious franchise. Even the Transformers movies to some degree. Which I kinda hate. Like I really don't get why these movies are treated like the must see movies. It's the same thing over and over.

I know you probably think I sound like some grumpy old woman. I'm not saying all car movies are bad or all superheros are bad. We all have our own taste. I enjoyed Deadpool a lot for its comedy and the Dark Knight for Heath Ledgers acting. Original Spiderman was good. Even Logan was a favorite of mine. But the Captian America and Iron Man and Thor movies I can't stand really...

Now before you attack. These are not bad movies per say. They just not my taste. So im curious if others are the same view as me or are just going to insult me and leave. Who else things the Superhero/Fast & The Furious movies are Overrated??
  • They are incredible movies
  • They are pretty decent...
  • They okay...
    Vote C
  • They are pretty bad
    Vote D
  • They are garbage movies
    Vote E
  • Another opinion... Add below
    Vote F

1743

Most Helpful Guys

• In my vision, those movies are excellent but not for my public because I'm not so young anymore, that movies are intended for a teenager audience. So, they tend to have the same formula: death fake-outs, all-out humour, "diverse" castings, repetitive plots, too much sequels (Fast and Furious have 10 if I'm not mistaken), predictable villains, lack of convincing character drama, romantic scenes in the post credit and so forth. This is what teens want to buy... Of course there are exceptions, Batman The Dark Knight and The Punisher are GREAT movies but they wasn't created under the same Hollywood's standards and I think that's the reason why these movies got to be amazing. Fast and Furious is frankly overrated in my opinion but I've watched it 14 years ago, so I will not make a special comment on it.

• Actually you are wrong about the Marvel movies.. They have good stories but the execution is not always the best.. Like Captain America: The Winter Soldier was a political thriller, Black Panther had a message about current social issues, and identity.. Thor (Although the weakest of the franchise.) Was about a man who had to go on a journey to be King.. The characters have character development & growth some better some made them more of a jerk (Tony Stark).. All and all with the Marvel movies people need to stop sayin they don't have stories just cause they are Blockbusters.. But I agree with the Fast & Furious movies, and Transformers movies.. They have stories but they are more mindless fun and explosions over story.. That's not Marvel, they guise it in fun but if you really look at them they are tellin some profound stories..

• You realize we allowed to have different opinions. Someone can say the sky is red and be wrong. But when it comes to choice in Entertainment. You can be wrong. It's my opinion. I never said they horrible movies. I think fast and Furious are. But I just don't like them. I'm entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. Lol

• Well, there are facts and truth.. But then there are opinions.. I was sayin you were wrong in comparin the Marvel movies to F&F in terms of story and character development.. Especially movies like "Black" panther where there was more story than action.. I was just sayin you were wrong about them bein mindless blockbusters with explosions.. Now if you find the stories borin, and somethin like that then that's yo opinion.. And that's fine.. It seems like you just like darker aspects..

Most Helpful Girls

• I didn't like Fast 1 and 2 (although i like the first scene of Fast 2) bt i enjoyed Fast 3+.

As for superhero movies, i like Spiderman 3, Amazing Spiderman 1, Captain America films, Black Panther and Deadpool are overrated but ok, Dark Knight Rises, Hulk films, Iron Man 1 and 3, DOCTOR strange, Wolverine 1/2, Xmen Apocalypse, THE Punisher, Catwoman, Ghostrider, Fantastic Four 1/2, incredibles, But thats it.

I didn't really like The other Spidermans (Homecoming was ok), Fantastic Four remake, Avengers, Iron Man 2, Batman films, Superman, Ant Man, Unbreakable, Split, Suicide Squad, Most Xmen, Wonderwoman, thors, and Guardians of the Galaxy

• You're crazy. 1. Don't lump superhero movies with the fast and furious. Personally, not into car stuff. But Marvel? Huge nerd here. I dont know how you dont like it. MCU has done an amazing job intertwining all of the characters. I already have my ticket for infinity war opening weekend.