Who else things the Superhero/Fast & The Furious movies are Overrated?

I really don't like them at all. And it's not because I'm some harsh critic hipster who only watches high class stuff. I can enjoy silly movies or joke movies. I can enjoy cheesy stories sometimes. But the Avengers. Amazing Spiderman. Black Panther. Any of these movies. I do not enjoy. Im not sure why. I just dont.

Now don't get me wrong the special effects in these movies are godlike. Absolutely incredible. So props to the special effects team. I can admire that. But besides the effects. The stories seem repeative or same formula. The characters feel boring and explosions can only keep my attention so long. Same applies to the Fast and Furious franchise. Even the Transformers movies to some degree. Which I kinda hate. Like I really don't get why these movies are treated like the must see movies. It's the same thing over and over.

I know you probably think I sound like some grumpy old woman. I'm not saying all car movies are bad or all superheros are bad. We all have our own taste. I enjoyed Deadpool a lot for its comedy and the Dark Knight for Heath Ledgers acting. Original Spiderman was good. Even Logan was a favorite of mine. But the Captian America and Iron Man and Thor movies I can't stand really...

Now before you attack. These are not bad movies per say. They just not my taste. So im curious if others are the same view as me or are just going to insult me and leave. Who else things the Superhero/Fast & The Furious movies are Overrated??
  • They are incredible movies
    Vote A
  • They are pretty decent...
    Vote B
  • They okay...
    Vote C
  • They are pretty bad
    Vote D
  • They are garbage movies
    Vote E
  • Another opinion... Add below
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• In my vision, those movies are excellent but not for my public because I'm not so young anymore, that movies are intended for a teenager audience. So, they tend to have the same formula: death fake-outs, all-out humour, "diverse" castings, repetitive plots, too much sequels (Fast and Furious have 10 if I'm not mistaken), predictable villains, lack of convincing character drama, romantic scenes in the post credit and so forth. This is what teens want to buy... Of course there are exceptions, Batman The Dark Knight and The Punisher are GREAT movies but they wasn't created under the same Hollywood's standards and I think that's the reason why these movies got to be amazing. Fast and Furious is frankly overrated in my opinion but I've watched it 14 years ago, so I will not make a special comment on it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Actually you are wrong about the Marvel movies.. They have good stories but the execution is not always the best.. Like Captain America: The Winter Soldier was a political thriller, Black Panther had a message about current social issues, and identity.. Thor (Although the weakest of the franchise.) Was about a man who had to go on a journey to be King.. The characters have character development & growth some better some made them more of a jerk (Tony Stark).. All and all with the Marvel movies people need to stop sayin they don't have stories just cause they are Blockbusters.. But I agree with the Fast & Furious movies, and Transformers movies.. They have stories but they are more mindless fun and explosions over story.. That's not Marvel, they guise it in fun but if you really look at them they are tellin some profound stories..

0|1
    0|0
    • You realize we allowed to have different opinions. Someone can say the sky is red and be wrong. But when it comes to choice in Entertainment. You can be wrong. It's my opinion. I never said they horrible movies. I think fast and Furious are. But I just don't like them. I'm entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. Lol

• Well, there are facts and truth.. But then there are opinions.. I was sayin you were wrong in comparin the Marvel movies to F&F in terms of story and character development.. Especially movies like "Black" panther where there was more story than action.. I was just sayin you were wrong about them bein mindless blockbusters with explosions.. Now if you find the stories borin, and somethin like that then that's yo opinion.. And that's fine.. It seems like you just like darker aspects..

Most Helpful Girls

• I didn't like Fast 1 and 2 (although i like the first scene of Fast 2) bt i enjoyed Fast 3+.

As for superhero movies, i like Spiderman 3, Amazing Spiderman 1, Captain America films, Black Panther and Deadpool are overrated but ok, Dark Knight Rises, Hulk films, Iron Man 1 and 3, DOCTOR strange, Wolverine 1/2, Xmen Apocalypse, THE Punisher, Catwoman, Ghostrider, Fantastic Four 1/2, incredibles, But thats it.

I didn't really like The other Spidermans (Homecoming was ok), Fantastic Four remake, Avengers, Iron Man 2, Batman films, Superman, Ant Man, Unbreakable, Split, Suicide Squad, Most Xmen, Wonderwoman, thors, and Guardians of the Galaxy

0|0
    0|0
  • You're crazy. 1. Don't lump superhero movies with the fast and furious. Personally, not into car stuff. But Marvel? Huge nerd here. I dont know how you dont like it. MCU has done an amazing job intertwining all of the characters. I already have my ticket for infinity war opening weekend.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 41

• Well the argument that they all seem formulaic it's true but also kind of bland. Why? Because in general most movies are like that. Most action movies have a formula, most drama movies have a formula, most comedies follow a formula.

I think it has a lot more to do with each person's taste and likings: if you like cars you're more likely to enjoy F&F more than a drama film; if you grew up reading superhero comics and watching tv shows, you probably love superhero movies, etc.

Now why does everybody acts all hype about the MCU? Leaving aside what I just mentioned about growing up with these characters; is the fact that the MCU introduced a concept that had never seen before in movies: a universe. They took one of the main attractives of comics: having characters in an interconnected and complex universe and put into film. People like referenced, people like Easter eggs, people like to feel like they get outside references and the MCU has provided that in a way never seen before in movies

0|0
    0|0
  • I totally agree with you, during avengers I kindve feel asleep your just like me but transformers is an exception yes there are a few boring parts but very few, transformers was one of those epic movies and X-Men too I liked the X-Men movies it wasn't boring but for avengers, spiderman, and fast and furious I kindve agree but it's hard for me to say spiderman because spiderman 3 when he had the black suit was really good, the earlier ones were good but the new ones are not that great. I think avengers might still be boring but I'm still going to see it anyway, the amount of superheroes in that movie and how crazy the trailer looked it just might be worth it, I feel the same way as you I've literally left in the middle of blade runner and justice league, but you can't say that about them all, X-Men has enough to keep you watching and not be that bored, so those transformers, transformers just feels long sometimes but it's still pretty enjoyable, but Thor and other movies yh they bore me a bit like you I love the special effects but other than that it's not as amazing as the media makes it seem but imagine how much money they spent on it though, that's how they get so much buzz and hype people love eye candy

0|0
    0|1
  • I enjoyed Deadpoll as well, had a blast watching it, but I do agree the rest comes in a tad bit repetitive.

Plus considering that they put out there a dozen of super hero movie linked to one specific story I'm kinda at loss.
    It's like reading a book, but every chapter changes the main character and at the end they don't really know whom to give credits to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Watch raide:redemption on youtube. A thai film. And that shit blow all there boring shit out of the water. From 20 min into the film til closing. All action and not pointless either. Its over rated and cool to like these hyped movies. Sry ill take battle royale over these films anyday.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love superhero movies, but FF is completely overrated in my opinion. In all fairness though, I don't really have a thing for muscle cars, so I'm not inclined towards those movies.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why would you lump comic book movies and fast and furious together?

0|1
    0|0
    • It seriously does not matter. It's my opinion 😂 I'm not saying they the same. I despise the fast and Furious movies way more than superhero movies. I put them together cause of the hype. They both generate lots of hype.

• I can't stand the comic book movies. It's all hype. They spend a hundred million dollars on the special effects and the script is written for an audience of mental 10-year-olds.

The characters all blend together, the jokes just make me cringe, and even the fucking action scenes are sub-par. Everybody loves when the Hulk smashes the bad guy, but he's just doing moves from old Bugs Bunny cartoons, it's pathetic.

0|0
    0|1
  • don't lump fast and the furious in with these. FAst and the furious is fucking sick, I like cars, bite me

0|0
    0|1
    • Calm down love ♥ there's this thing called "different opinions" everyone has them. Then this thing called "getting upset at someone opinion" but that's a form of stupidity

• Show All
    • it doesn't bother me so much that you don't like em but more that you lumped em in with the superhero movies.

• I only lumped them cause they both fall under movies I don't like /think are overrated

• they are getting boring now, take avengers for. e. g, its the same old story, some villian is trying to take over the world and they are strying to save it, so its getting pretty boring now, And fast and the furious is also getting boring now, because they have literally took it too far, they should've stopped at when paul walker died

0|0
    0|0
  • I LOVE superhero movies but I respect your opinion that you think they're overrated.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for respecting my opinion. I respect yours that you like them. Thanks for no stupid accusations of my taste lol

• Thank you and you're welcome.

• You're a woman, of course you're gonna be less inclined to enjoy those kinds of movies. You probably feel the same way about them as most men do about chick flicks.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like a lot of these movies, but I do see a lot of repetitive plots and poor reasoning. Why do superheroes keep their friends ignorant? It never keeps them safe. Why do bad guys reveal their plans to someone they're about to kill? Why do minions follow villains who keep killing their bosses? So many stupid things are thrown in.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with you that's why I was intereste in the first couple of Netflix shows. Daredevil and Jessica Jones didn't really whatch any more after that besides punisher.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love these movies. Not saying they are great but I still find them entertaining. I'm pretty open minded and not really critical of movies so it would take a lot of bad things to say i don't like or hate a movie.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fast and furious is crap franchise if i wanted a good car movie id watch cars or the Italian job original. I love superhero movies unless it involves superman who is resurrected every 10 years or a crap script and director (s) *snyder*

0|0
    0|0
  • Never been a fan of FF but I love super hero movies. Most of the time I go to the movies it's to see a super hero movie. Probably upward from 50% of the time and I go to the movies a lot

0|1
    0|0
  • I sure wouldn't include Fast and Furious or Transformers with the comic book superheroes. Though I might include the Star Wars movies. I don't like everything about them but they are great escapism.

0|0
    0|0
  • They would be better if the main characters behaved a little less predictably, the story was longer, and/ or an epic spin off series was made out of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I enjoy them but I'm an African American Teenage man with a night job and a lot of free time so kinda barks up my tree nicely I'll admit they were an acquired taste especially the furious movies I used to hate Vin Diesel

0|0
    0|0
  • I like the superhero movies, but when I watch them several times I dont watch them in aw or feel much emotion. However can't say I've watched any fast and furious twice after number 3

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 15

• I kind of agree with you altought I must say I love Fast & Furious. The hero movies don't catch my attention as much, they're all kind of the same. I mean, I can watch them and maybe even enjoy the movies but they're not my thing, so I know how you feel.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never cared much for the superhero movies that come out nowadays, never bothered to get into them. The ones I've enjoyed are the bad, ridiculous ones, like Spiderman 3 (Emo Peter Parker, hello? Hysterical) and Batman and Robin (1997 version). That said, I won't make the judgement of them being good or bad, they just don't have my interest...

Fast and The Furious is a guilty pleasure, although I don't care much for the later additions to the franchise.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will watch a DC/Marvel film but I'm very picky about it. Some of them are pretty good. As for fast and the furious I never really like it. The first one and Tokyo Drift was decent but it's not something to keep making all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Each person has their own likes & dislikes. Your entitled to your opinion..

0|1
    0|0
  • Were getting to a saturation point where where comic book movies are slowly losing its appeal, unoriginal and more repetitive.

0|0
    0|0
  • The movies you like are your own opinion. I personally love the Marvel and DC movies, but don't like the Fast and Furious movies, and thats my opinion

0|1
    0|0
  • I love Fast and Furious only for PAUL WALKER... I didn't watch the 8th installment of the series... and don't will to watch the upcoming ones also..

0|0
    0|0
  • Next thing you're going to be trashing harry potter :0

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm actually more of a Lord of the Rings fan 😂 although I don't think Harry Potter is bad. Just prefer Tolkein

• finee fine

• Its pretty hyped these past few years and they can really get on my nerves. But then again I've been into Marvel X-Men since before it blew up like this so I dont hate the genre itself. It became only a fad to casual viewers but hey as long as they make more X-Men movies Im in. I got to see Deadpool finally become a movie, get to have Antman and Dr. Strange in my favorites.

No opinion about F&F since its not as famous here in my country. Maybe the old ones are considered classic but I dont see people here actually still watch the new ones.

Tl;dr Its annoying yes but to each our own

0|0
    0|0
  • I love most superhero movies.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's fine.. We have different opinions and you didn't accuse me of not liking it cause I'm a girl or think im insulting your opinion like some others lol. Thanks for a proper opinion

• Most of them - not so great...

0|0
    0|0
  • Agree

0|0
    0|0
  • They’re decent

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care for Fast & Furious movies and I think they're overrated. I enjoyed all the recent superhero movies except Black Panther.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its nice seeing the comics come to life. I love them. There is some funny scenes.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes