Do you listen to more male or female artists? and if so why?

This question is in honor of the Smirnoff Equalizer developed in partnership with Spotify because "we believe that when we get to discover talented women artists and their phenomenal music, we’ll all have a better listening experience." couldn't agree more tbqh.

If you want to equalise your playlist here you go:https://smirnoffequalizer.com/

Do you listen to more male or female artists? and if so why?

• large majority male
    Vote A
  • mostly male
    Vote B
  • about equal
    Vote C
  • mostly female
    Vote D
  • large majority female
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I’m super picky when it comes to female vocals, male vocals are more soothing and relaxing because of the lower pitch. Certain female singers can give me a headache quite honestly

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to listen to a lot of indie music, and I would find more male songs in the genre. I’ve widened my range, though, so now it’s pretty equal. Women definitely have more... interesting, I guess, voices in general.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Mainly male, only because I like Metal, not exactly a large amount of good females in that genre. I also listen to EDM which is like, closer to 50/50. Most females sing at pitches that make my ears bleed though. Not sure if pitches is the right word.

1|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Mostly male but that's mainly because my favorite genre is metal in which women aren't that largely represented. I do appreciate a good female voice tho.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty much even I think, I'd have to really examine my playlist. Actually, thinking about there's more male rockers than female, so probably more men. I listen to a wide range of music.

0|0
    0|0
  • I listen to a lot of female artists, but my guess would be it's still slightly more male ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • mostly male

0|1
    0|0
    • this is why we need feminism

• Show All
    • ok I will listen to more sam smith. I am also lesbian now

• I am pleased although since I'm male that's bad but then if... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Actually, only men.

0|0
    0|0
  • Large majority male

0|0
    0|0
  • Male. Their voice soothes me more.

0|1
    0|0
  • Both really

0|0
    0|0
  • Both

0|0
    0|0
  • Male. They sound better.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 18

• I listen to Alternative, so there tends to be more male artists in that genre. I totally dig many bands with women, especially riot girls. Metric, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Dear Rouge, No Doubt, among many others.

0|0
    0|0
  • Male, simply because there's not a lot of female vocalists in rock and metal, much less in the progressive style.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t really care. If a song comes out and I like it, I listen.

0|1
    0|0
  • Mostly male, solely because there are more out there

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't really matter to me. As long as I like there music.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont really care who they are if the music sounds good I'm happy male or female

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm asexual

0|1
    0|0
  • Lately, more listening to women artists

0|2
    0|0
  • About equal.

0|1
    0|0
  • A good mix, I'd say... especially lately.

0|0
    0|0
  • A mix of both

0|1
    0|0
  • Mostly female because their voices soothes me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Male. I find female voices annoying.

0|0
    0|1
  • That picture is just pure cancer lol..

0|0
    0|0
  • Like 99% men

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer deeper singing voices

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostly male but I love female artists.

0|0
    0|0
  • mostly male but only because of statistics; there's more male indie rock bands than female.

I definitely like female singers though and think they have a wider vocal range than men.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes