Do you prefer eBooks or Hard copy books?

Which do you prefer to read?
Do you like to flip through physical pages, or choose the ease of reading on a device?
Would yoi rather buy a paper books, or download one from an online bookstore?Do you prefer eBooks or Hard copy books??
  • eBook
    Vote A
  • Hard copy book
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I like hard copy books because I like turning the pages and feeling how coarse the paper feels.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• These days? eBooks would do just fine, unless I know it's a book I'm going to be reading and referring back to constantly on a regular basis, one that is important enough then I'll consider getting a hard copy version.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• I love to read, however when I had my eye transplant I wasn't allowed to read for the duration of my recovery. Audible was my best friend for those 3 months.
    When I could use my eyes again, the books that i listened to, that I loved, I went out and bought.

0|1
    0|0
  • I suppose e-books take up less space. I have 3 bookshelves of books in my room. However, I can text and chat all day long but I can't read an ebook. the words blur together. It doesn't create a movie in my mind like holding a hard cover does.

When I'm reading a paper book it feels right. I lose myself in the characters. I become the characters. Their emotions, I have. What they feel I feel. I can empathize with them.

It is so much better reading a hard copy

0|1
    0|0
  • Hard copy books.
    The thought of an e-reader isn't appealing to me. I don't know why, I don't like change I guess.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can't read on an electronic device for long, because I will get a headache. But I don't like physical books that much either. I prefer audio books.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hard-copy are my preference.
    Mostly I'll borrow books from my friends since I don't want to spend too much money on buying them.
    I read eBooks only if the book that I want to read is not available with any of my friends

0|1
    0|0
  • Hard copy. Check out All These Beautiful Strangers by Elizabeth Klehfoth hitting stores in the US, UK, and AUS July 10th. If you like thrillers and mystery, you will love this book!

0|0
    0|0
  • Hard copy books 📚 The smell of library books? The best!

0|1
    0|0
  • I like ebooks because you can fit a lot and read wherever bit I prefer hard copies.

0|1
    0|0
  • The ebook cannot be compared to the hard copy book. I guess for some people it's more comfortable to use ebooks, but we all know which choice is better

0|0
    0|1
  • It depends. I have a Kobo and it's great. I can finally read while my boyfriend is sleeping with the backlight from my Kobo. But I still enjoy and buy hard copy books. I'm a college student with not a lot of money so if a book is cheaper in hard copy than the ebook then I'm buying the hard copy and vise versa. Also I've noticed that some books I like better in hard copy. One of my favorite authors writes her books differently (more poem style than novel style) and her books look weird to me in ebook form. I prefer them in hard copy form.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hard copy. I hate straining my eyes with ebolms

0|0
    0|0
  • Both. But mainly hard copy

0|1
    0|0
  • both

0|0
    0|0
  • Hard copy

0|0
    0|0
  • Hard copy

0|0
    0|0
  • Hard copy

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 21

• I always like hardcopy books. I prefer holding a book in my hand, using a bookmark, collecting my favorite books, the smell of books.

I'm still a book guy at this point.

0|1
    0|0
    • I really do agree with you. It's the same thing with a cd and its case.
      But what I found was that there are so many little gems on something like the Amazon site, that you just can't find a hard copy of. Maybe because the author prefers it, or because of the country you're in.

• Ebooks because if I want to find something in particular among the many pages I can simply have the computer search for me. Indexes in paper copies only tell you where to search for single words, but on Google books you can look for a whole phrase.

0|1
    0|0
  • People say the Ebook will one day replace books... I don't believe that for a second. Ebooks simply can't compare to the smell and joy in reading a hard copy.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yup, holding a book while reading and the joy of turning of turning page, it's like you are progressing with the storyline
      And that smell is heaven

• @Aparnam The smell is why I simply go to book stores. Not to buy anything but to walk around and take it in. Books are heavenly.

• I can't go to a book store so I satisfy myself by buying and smelling the novels before reading them
      And then whenever I re-read them

• Personally I normally use audiobooks because the only time I really have to read is on my commute and I have to see the road, so listening is the best I can do. But, if I do get one of those rare moments where I can sit down and read a book, I'm going for a hard copy for sure

0|0
    0|0
  • I like both, but it is for sure two completely different experiences even if the book is rhe same. And forced to make a choice of preference it would be hardcopy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have my own Kindle and thus prefer downloading ebooks from bookstores. One of the advantages of reading ebooks is that it's eco-friendly and you can also get ebooks for free.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have no preference actually. Each has its place in my library. I like hard copy for those books that I have reason to expect to read many times. eBooks I like for trying new authors.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is something about hard copy, physically turning pages.

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh I hate ebooks...
    always hard copy... soft cover is the best

I love having the book in my hands

0|0
    0|0
  • save paper Use E-Book

Beside i already have one problem with something "Hard" related to "Wood" everyday to deal with , i do not want another

0|0
    0|0
  • I like the hard copy cause it's easier to read. but the ebooks are always cheaper and u don't. Need a book light

0|0
    0|0
  • A ebook is nice for convince. But if it a book that will be reading for a long period of time a hard copy is what I perfer.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am doing master. And ı have got some presentation, ı reads article all Times. Copy is expensive. I am downloading ebooks :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Ebooks make it easier to read more often

0|1
    0|0
  • Prefer hard copy

0|0
    0|0
  • So glad to see people still love hard copy books.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hard copies for the sake of resale

0|0
    0|0
  • Hard copy

0|0
    0|0
  • Hard copy for sure

0|0
    0|0
  • Hard copy book