Why are men so butthurt about women playing Fortnite?

kotaku.com/fortnite-mobile-is-becoming-a-battle-of-the-sexes-1824109975

I find this absolutely hilarious. I don’t get why men are so salty about women playing fortnite. My female friends beat most of my male friends so I guess that’s why. Also, if you read the article, it’s pretty stupid how men ignore their girlfriends when they play Fortnite, but then demand their attention when their girlfriends play Fortnite as well 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

336

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure the article was quite truthful about its sources. It very much cherry picked twitter posts that had negative connotations towards female gamers or one in which female gamers where saying the men where being dicks about women playing Fortnite.

The main stay of the gaming community world wide be it in PC, Console or Mobile do not care what gender is playing.

There are a large proportions of Males that will swoon, pay special attention too and harass female gamers because for them its a personal connection to their social world and therefore a chance as they see it to connect sexually with someone.

The problem with this (asides from it being disrespectful and super creepy) is that some women have used this to their advantage. Cue the initial image of a girl gamer, they are there for attention and not for the game. Fast toward this to things like Twitch streaming and you get priority treatment of female players who quite frankly don't play games and are tantamount to cam girls asking for donations whilst the face camera points are some rather interesting angled shots of them sat in a chair talking nonsense.

That is rather annoying to the larger majority of both men and women who are annoyed that women like that are undoing the equality factor the gaming community has sought for so long. It also serves to act as a bit of an echo chamber where those (m/f) who support the gamer girl with the chest and skirt cam will defend the concept and has spilt of this group of people from the main stay of gamers. Unfortunately much like many of the social issues being discussed right now many of the loudest voices are also the ones already in such an echo chamber and do not represent the wider audience. Which serves to piss off the larger demographic.

This is seen by many people who are more focused on small bite size info being fed to them via articles like the one linked end up developing the opinion that all girl gamers are like this and therefore a negative influence on something they view as their social outlet.

Ultimately, no one cares females are playing game. Its awesome to have more people to talk to about games, develop games for and entertain for but no, most people just don't care who is playing game like Fortnite on PC, console or mobile.

The only people it is important too is Epic games. Knowing why men and women play certain types of games more than the other half means they can develop more games that entertain all.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it’s because they’re not used to female gamers. I did read that article and I also find it quite funny, since most women I know play at least 1 video game on Xbox, PS4, or PC. It’s dumb to be so shocked about a female playing Fortnite in this day and age

• True sister. Same here, I can easily beat most of my male friends lol. I get more Victory Royals in 20 games than they do! Guess they can’t think practically