Batman, is he a good hero?

I was having a debate with a friend about Batman. She loves Batman, but I think he is kind of weak. I think in order for a hero to be a good hero he has to kill the villains sometimes.
She thinks good people don’t kill, ever.
I also think keeping the villains with a kill switch around to do the dirty work and to have someone to blame things on if things go bad is a little sadistic...
So, is Batman a good hero?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely. If you watch the good cartoons (The Animated Series, both Justice Leagues, Batman Beyond) you see that Batman/Bruce is actually the best when it comes to heart, and as a person. He doesn't kill because it'd be too easy to cross into that darkness-- by doing that, he'd betray his parents and everything he fights for. He saves the day without being corrupted, and that's what makes him a good hero. Superman has gone evil numerous times in various versions of stories n in different universes, and he's like a boy scout. Batman has a strong will power, a caring heart, and a keen intellect. Many of his villians are (sometimes) victims themselves, and just about all of them suffer from mental illness. Batman has tried to save them as well. In the Justice League cartoon, he almost sacrificed hinself to save the world numerous times with no hesitation--that's a good hero.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWEmDFYWON8

All his villains constantly escape from prison (the ones who even wind up in prison anyway). I think after a mass murder escapes from prison/shitty asylum and goes on another killing spree, and then rinses and repeats that process, and it's clear no prison can hold them, it is the moral responsibility of anyone who can to kill that guy. And Batman can, and chooses instead of killing one guy, to let dozens or hundreds die.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• He's a shit hero. He deals with the same villains all the time because he refuses to put a bullet in their brains. But I'm biases against heroes in general, because most of them refuse to do what needs to be done to actually solve the problem. That's why anti-heroes are better.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the person's perspective I personally say yes because A I'm a huge comic fan I don't go off the movies he is rich which does help him in many ways but if u go off the comics then yea he is

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say so. He gets the job done. His villain antagonists are relatively tame, so he doesn't need to kill.

0|0
    0|0
    • But what about the joker? He has killed many. And because he was locked up and not killed, he screwed up Harlequin

• The best.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well that's where Red Hood came from, Jason Todd was revived in the Lazarus pit and returned to Gotham. He started doing what Batman wouldn't do which was kill criminals. Batman has killed before, he killed Darksied and Joker as well as a few other criminals. But he tries not to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Flash is the only superhero that's any good. Rest of them are all pussies or actually villains!

0|0
    0|0
  • Batman is a detective and he rolls like that Sherlock minded. He believes in the justice system created by his nation. but he is sad that people are still getting beaten by it. so he put his cape an goes into fight criminals. he is a good hero If you think that ways.

If you are speaking on movie perspective sometimes depends on the movie..

In the Christophe Nolan trilogy He's good
    Lego batman movie he's good

In justice league he shit and so in man of steel.

No offense in been Affleck he is a good actor

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes