What did you think of: Ready Player One?

I'm curious as to what others thought of this movie. I saw it today and I really really enjoyed it. I think I enjoyed it more because I didn't go in looking for a masterpiece or a intense drama. I know the story is your average good story. Nothing next level.

But the special effects were amazing. Characters were likeable. The references and Easter eggs to other pop culture felt like a Nerdgasm. It was so cool to see a movie make so many references and wasn't your normal garbage video game type of movie they have tried to make in the past. I understand this was based on a book. With a lot of changes done to it.

But for me I really really enjoyed it. Very fun movie. I guess I give it like 7 out of 10 or close to 7.5

What did you think? What did you think of: Ready Player One??
  • 5 Stars... It was amazing. A Masterpiece
  • 4 Stars... It was great movie
  • 3 Stars... It was good
    Vote C
  • 2 Stars... I wasn't very good
    Vote D
  • 1 Star... It was trash.
    Vote E
  • Another view. Add below
    Vote F

723

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with this review from the New York times "That essentially left “Ready Player One” resting on Mr. Spielberg’s shoulders, a risky proposition even for a filmmaker of his stature: The original blockbuster king had not delivered a true blockbuster in a decade, not since “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” roared into domestic theaters in the summer of 2008 with $118 million in opening-weekend ticket sales, after adjusting for inflation.

Although Mr. Spielberg has found box office success in recent years with historical dramas like “The Post” and “Bridge of Spies,” his would-be crowd-pleasers, including the motion-capture fantasies “The BFG” and “The Adventures of Tintin,” have been ticket-selling disappointments. Even “Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” was widely viewed as a misfire; longtime fans loathed the story, leaving that whip-cracking franchise on wobbly footing.

In contrast, “Ready Player One” drew the most positive audience response for any fantasy or science-fiction movie directed by Mr. Spielberg since “Minority Report” in 2005"

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for the MHG!!

I'm more closer to an 8 out of ten

For fun

Top Ten DIrected movies by Steven Spielberg, in order, starting with the best first

All three Indiana Jones movies, not sure on the order yet

hook

Ready player one

Jurassic Park

E. T. the extraterrestrial

Jaws

Close encounters of the third kind

adventures of tin tin

Top ten produced movies by Steven Spielberg, in order, starting with the best first

Who framed roger rabbit

back to the future

gremlins

goonies

men in black

an American tail

casper

super 8

twister

poltergeist

and for number 11 deep impact as an honorable mention

• Those are my top tens

Most Helpful Girl

• The book was eh. The plot while enjoyable wasn't anything really memorable. Tbh the ending was actually a bit disappointing to me. Just seemed underwhelming. I'm interested in how the movie will change it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE