What did you think of: Ready Player One?

I'm curious as to what others thought of this movie. I saw it today and I really really enjoyed it. I think I enjoyed it more because I didn't go in looking for a masterpiece or a intense drama. I know the story is your average good story. Nothing next level.

But the special effects were amazing. Characters were likeable. The references and Easter eggs to other pop culture felt like a Nerdgasm. It was so cool to see a movie make so many references and wasn't your normal garbage video game type of movie they have tried to make in the past. I understand this was based on a book. With a lot of changes done to it.

But for me I really really enjoyed it. Very fun movie. I guess I give it like 7 out of 10 or close to 7.5

What did you think? What did you think of: Ready Player One??
  • 5 Stars... It was amazing. A Masterpiece
    Vote A
  • 4 Stars... It was great movie
    Vote B
  • 3 Stars... It was good
    Vote C
  • 2 Stars... I wasn't very good
    Vote D
  • 1 Star... It was trash.
    Vote E
  • Another view. Add below
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with this review from the New York times "That essentially left “Ready Player One” resting on Mr. Spielberg’s shoulders, a risky proposition even for a filmmaker of his stature: The original blockbuster king had not delivered a true blockbuster in a decade, not since “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” roared into domestic theaters in the summer of 2008 with $118 million in opening-weekend ticket sales, after adjusting for inflation.

Although Mr. Spielberg has found box office success in recent years with historical dramas like “The Post” and “Bridge of Spies,” his would-be crowd-pleasers, including the motion-capture fantasies “The BFG” and “The Adventures of Tintin,” have been ticket-selling disappointments. Even “Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” was widely viewed as a misfire; longtime fans loathed the story, leaving that whip-cracking franchise on wobbly footing.

In contrast, “Ready Player One” drew the most positive audience response for any fantasy or science-fiction movie directed by Mr. Spielberg since “Minority Report” in 2005"

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for the MHG!!

I'm more closer to an 8 out of ten

For fun

Top Ten DIrected movies by Steven Spielberg, in order, starting with the best first

All three Indiana Jones movies, not sure on the order yet

hook

Ready player one

Jurassic Park

E. T. the extraterrestrial

Jaws

Close encounters of the third kind

adventures of tin tin

Top ten produced movies by Steven Spielberg, in order, starting with the best first

Who framed roger rabbit

back to the future

gremlins

goonies

men in black

an American tail

casper

super 8

twister

poltergeist

and for number 11 deep impact as an honorable mention

• Those are my top tens

Most Helpful Girl

• The book was eh. The plot while enjoyable wasn't anything really memorable. Tbh the ending was actually a bit disappointing to me. Just seemed underwhelming. I'm interested in how the movie will change it.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Why are people commenting haven't seen it yet to a post asking people how they liked it? Bruh, just don't comment then.

Anyway I loved it. I saw it with my dad who's read the book and apparently they changed just about everything. Spielberg like always did an amazing job at the SFX, the cast all did their jobs great and the plot was really unpredictable and interesting.

0|0
    0|0
  • I thought it was good.. But I also read the book so I know it doesn't follow it closely.. There is a lot of differences but I figured it was going to be because that always happens. As just a movie it was good!

0|0
    0|0
  • It relied like most current movies on special effects. Not any real plot or any serious acting involved.

0|0
    0|0
  • Loved it. It was awesome. Although I'm disappointed in the lack of star wars or star trek Easter eggs (not sure if there weren't any or if I just missed it)

0|0
    0|0
  • It was pure fanservice, really - but a fun time nonetheless. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't seen it yet either in Roblox is having like a event about it like you how to get the crowns in jailbreak Phantom Forces

0|0
    0|0
  • Better then a majority of recent movies that have been released, was changed a lot from the novel, but didn't make it any less enjoyable

0|0
    0|0
  • I absolutely loved it I wanna see it again and again

0|0
    0|0
  • The book was way better. The movie was good. Read the book if you can.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really want to see it but I haven't yet. It looks very good.

0|0
    0|0
  • I bet it's trash. I hate starwars vor strartrek so I will hate that too

0|0
    1|1
  • I love these types of movies

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't seen it yet, so don't spoil it.

0|1
    0|0
  • One of the better movies I've seen in awhile.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haven't seen it yet, but want to.

0|0
    0|0
  • havnt seen it yet

0|0
    0|0
  • never seen it till now

0|0
    0|0
  • Wish to see it sometime...

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't Kno this existed

0|0
    0|0
  • I give it a 8

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 6

• I haven’t seen it yet, but I am eager to see it! I loved the book, but I’m a little nervous that I’m going to find it radically changed from the book.

0|0
    0|0
  • The movie is incredible!

1|1
    0|0
  • Haven't seen it yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have yet to seee IT yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just saw it with my dad tonight. I liked it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haven’t seen it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes