Although its not exactly up to the parents, what sports/activities would you love to see your current/future kids get involved in?

Although its not exactly up to the parents, what sports/activities would you love to see your current/future kids get involved in?Although its not exactly up to the parents, what sports/activities would you love to see your current/future kids get involved in?My boyfriend hopes the kids will take up video games and football. Umm, yea im opposite lol. Im fine with gaming on occasion but my boyfriend does it more than exercise. Also, i worry about football after seeing what happened to an old clasmate. So im not really fans of those. Im hoping for a little team of baseball boys and softball/volleyball girls. And if not those sports, i’d love to see my boys focus on exercise so that they can become personal trainers and my girls take dance classes to become choreographers, both until they reach their more important career goals. I can also see them being like me and my fam who are very creative when it comes to drawing or building things. Skateboarding and surfing would also be amazing to see them do but ik the risks that come with those activities so not too sure.
#FeelFreeToList #GAGneedsHobbiesTopic #GAGneedsSportsTopic #GaGneedsMusicTopic
Updates:
My sons are actually gonna have a baseball themed room with a surfboard or skateboard in the corner of their room if not hanging over their bed. My girls are gonna have a fashionista themed room with little aspects of dance/surfing/skateboarding around their room. We’ll have the kids game systems in the living room tho. Yea it may be pushing it in their face A bit but if theyre not into it, they dont have to do it. I’d just love to see it

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Sons: Martial Arts/Basketball/Robotics/Building things

Daughters: Martial Arts/Dance/Building things/Fashion (maybe)

1|0
    0|0
  • anything that helps them in some way day to day life

like running, skateboarding, wrestling, chess, cycling, archery...

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes exercise is good and chess works with logic... on sims 3 anyway haha

• Show All
    • also dizzy it is upto parents what sport their child play

if they moderate properly

• Ok good i dont feel so bad now

Most Helpful Girls

• I want my future kids to participate in a lot of community service (ex: serve food at shelters)

I want my daughter (s) to take ballet lessons, piano lessons, cheerleading and play a sport. I want my son (s) to play a sport.

It's actually up to them to choose the instrument, type of dance and the sport but I do want them to be involved in different activities.

1|0
    0|0
  • I will support whatever activity they want to be in. My son has already been in Twakendo, football, basketball, archery, and billiards -

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh nice. Billiards is like pool right?

• Show All
    • Oh wow never knew that. I mean i used to play online pool and participated in those tournaments but i never knew it was a real thing 😍

• Yes, was going to get my son into a league but our schedules can get complicated. See if any local pool places near you have leagues and you can watch them in action. I taught my son how to play since he was 7 and he's gotten really good over the last 9 years.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• Music, Judo or Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

1|0
    0|0
  • Playing a musical instrument. A sport they loved to do. A love of the outdoors, walking, camping etc away from mod cons. A martial art of some sort (it teaches discipline, self confidence, self control). Reading (proper books, not kindle). I'd encourage a range of interests, making different groups of friends, but it would have to be their choice

1|0
    0|0
  • Anything sports related, soccer cycling running lifting swimming tennis artistic gymnastics etc, like I was

1|0
    0|0
  • I have 3. No contact sports. Soccer. Baseball, Basketball

1|0
    0|0
    • Yea im not a fan of football either. Baseball 😍

• Show All
    • LMAO. I played for my State when I was in HS.. and yeah, it can get hot and heavy, but not like football...

• Yeah football is a different story.

• Probably hurling, gaelic, soccer and ruby. Of course boxing and martial arts.
    https://youtu.be/I_4qm2gyx_8https://youtu.be/EjvUld0shh8

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like almost everyone parent wants the kids to do some type of sport but it not really are desrion ik the long run. BUT I wouldn't mind seeing my song give a try at boxing or basketbsll if he doesn't won't to I'm fine with that as well as for the female maybe soccer or softball or dance but they also her desion as long as they are happy and healthy I'm happy

0|0
    0|0
    • Like i won't tell my kids What to DO but i will tell them what they won't be doing and im pretty sure football and boxing are on that list

• I feel you but If he wants to so something I'm gonna try and see it from there perspective and maybe even let them give it a shot MAYBE

• Football is my fav but Rugby, Badminton, Tennis or anything really would be good, and playing an instrument would be great. And a Martial Art would be great too.
    I play Drums so probably Guitar or Bass.

I play a lot of games so that's definitely on the list although moderation's important

0|0
    0|0
    • I’d love to see them become drummers or DJs... once theyre out my house lol. Its fun to see but not to here all day and night when they practice lol

• Haha definitely, I've got a cabin at the end of the garden luckily so at least it's not in the house.
      I'd probably get them an electric drum kit so the noise is all through headphones

• None, it’s conpletely up to them. I’ll even try it out with them, as a beginner like they are, and heck even I may enjoy it enough to do it with my child as a hobby.

If I get new fun things to do, Brillo pads.

0|0
    0|0
    • I jusr assumed there would be sumn you HOPED they tried

• No not particularly. I wanna encourage my kids to be confident in making their own decisions and just be happy with what they wanna do, not what someone else wants them to.

If you want me to list my hobbies it would be: weightlifting, exercise, film stuff

• If I end up having kids, I'm going to expose them to a wide variety of sports.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fraSdN-PG8

0|0
    0|0
  • Do sports, explore, read books :D
    Which sports? I'd let them choose. I'm into cycling and hiking but everyone is different there... maybe not Formula 1 racing since I can't afford haha :o

0|0
    0|0
  • As a parent of three...

you don't exactly decide for them. You decide some of the things they're exposed to, but they get into what they are into.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea and im not goin to decide FOR them but im def gonna expose them to the things mentioned in the update

• Yeah, you just expose them to a bunch, realistically not everything, especially after your first, life just gets sooooo hectic.

• I want my sons to play either Basketball, Baseball, To wrestle (maybe.), dance (cause dancin is what's up), or be a good artist in any field (Drawin, actin, music, dance too. :P)... I wouldn't mind weight liftin, and boxin/ martial arts either.. Especially wit the acrobats.. Lol..
    I want my girls to dance (Any type), maybe do some tennis, Martial arts, singin/IDK about choir.. But hey.. Gymnastics definitely (Just gotta watch out for those physical examiners.) I wouldn't mind boxin so she can know how to throw them hands.. LOL.. Some fashion, or music type ish too.. :) 8)..

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol u gotta realize hands are being thrown back. Mine ain't bout to box cause i dont want none of they faces jacked

• Girl.. LOL.. I mos def realize that.. I would like them to take it cause I want them to have the hands that get thrown back...

• Im dont want kids, even tho i love babies and kids a lot, Anyways, if i ever get married, that would be a big miracle, lol

0|0
    0|0
  • weightlifting for boys (I can monitor and help him progress)
    tennis for girls

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha i want my son to get for but not bodybuilding/weight lifting

• well I started lifting since I was 15, I look nothing like the typical body builder... doing it right it helps increase HGH and make kids taller

• Ohhhh nice

• Footy (soccer) and music.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hope music because I'm a musician myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cricket, football, tennis, chess, theatre etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cycling!

1|0
    0|0
  • Music, reading and camping.

1|0
    0|0
    • Music 😍 id love my kid to collecr cds like i do

• Not only to have a good musical taste, but i would really like if my kid learned to play any musical instrument or learned to sing

• Archery

1|0
    0|0
    • Hunger Games much lol. I’ll pass. I wouldn't make my kid mad haha

• Nope, I always liked medieval stuff, even before i knew about Hunger games. It is something I never had money, time or even chance to try professionally, si I would like them to try.

• Skate board or mtb

1|0
    0|0
  • Their wish

0|0
    0|0
  • be like his father. Debate team.

0|0
    0|0
  • Body building.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ummm
    Jedi training

0|0
    0|0
  • Everything

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• If I had a kid, I wouldn’t care too much, but I’d love for them to read

0|0
    0|0
  • Collect things (I love doing that so I would really like it if my kids would do it too).
    Basketball (it's my favorite sports).
    Take pics, video.
    Ballet dance (only for girl, I wanted to do it when I was young but my parents didn't wanted).
    Piano / violon.
    Soccer / karate (martial arts in general) (boy)

1|0
    0|0
    • I did ballet from 3-8. Those years were fun but once you hit 10+ they wanted you to do cartwheelz. Bot my style at all

• Ballet is very hard, my parents didn't wanted cause they know the teacher are too strict and all.

• The only ones I wouldn't like from that list are football and boxing, because of concussions. It is up to the kid aside from that - Theatre, reading, and basketball would be cool, because I like those things myself.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yay so im not the only one who disagrees with football and boxing lol. My friend boy also got hurt in baseball yet i still like it lol

• Yeah, they could get hurt doing anything, but it's best to avoid the ones where they'll definitely get hurt, lol.

• Wherever their heart leads them. I'd love if they were into writing and artsy stuff like me. But I also played volleyball and basketball and wouldn't be mad if they were into that. I always said that I wanted both my sons and daughters to take gymnastics and karate so that they'd be these flexible, flipping, ass kicking little babies lol.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yea i mentioned drawing and building but forgot writing 😍 lol i took gymnastics and its fun but hard. Ballet was fun until they wanted us yo do backflips and cartwheelzz. I never cared for karate but i’d love to see them take dance like hiphop style. Maybe even swing dancing

• Show All
    • Lol yesss. Def hit my niece and nephew started on Dance Central, Just Dance, and my Zumba DVDs with the kinect early. My niece has been hooked on Just Dance since she was like 2.

• I hope no video games.. lol anything else go for it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll let them choose once they are old enough to pick whatever they like. For the first couple of years I'll take them to gymnatics or some type of martial art. They can stay if they want but they also can choose anything. I just want them to be involved in some type of sport at least.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh and for me its not gender specific just cuz I grew up with boys I tend tk pick things that are usually for boys lol.

• Either martial arts (e. g Taekwondo, Kung Fu, Aikido etc), or some team sports like Handball, Basketball, Football (soccer) etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol, Of all the things you list I think playing video games would be last on the list of things I wanted my kids to do. I'd want my kids to try a variety of sports and find at least one they could stick with and play. When my brother and i were growing up we were always required to play at least one sport. I also think the should have appreciation for art and music, nature and the outdoors. I grew up hiking and camping and fishing and skiing with my parents so I'd like to keep those traditions alive

0|0
    0|0
    • No i said i dont want them doing games. He wants that. Did u read my whole paragraph though

• I know, My comment is based on what I read of HIS hopes

• and I did read your whole paragraph. I'm just not as specific as you in my hopes for my future kids. I just want them to find something they love and be active.

• Preferably, baseball. Hockey would be cool, too.

1|1
    0|0
    • Baseball 😍 hockey scares me like football tho πŸ™ˆ

• Hockey kinda scares me too, but I still think it would be kinda cool. Football scares me a little more than hockey, tbh.

• Football makes me fear my son will end up paralyzed from being tackled like my friend. Hockey makes me fear the actual player cause they turn crazy haha

• Soccer
    Basketball

1|0
    0|0
  • Not gonna have kids

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes