How does my drawing look?

I know it’s unevenHow does my drawing look?
  • It’s amazing
  • Meh
  • Horrible
    Vote C

521

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It looks like garbage tbh. I know kids who have drawn better.

What Guys Said 20

• Hi.

Blunt answer is it doesn't look like a 'good' drawing. But you can do better. Currently you are drawing you a part of your brain that initially learned how to look at shapes when you where a tiny child, most adults never develop this part either. An artist does develop this area.

Learning principles like shape and form would be a good start. Practicing pen control techniques and understanding human anatomy would really help.

Always look at references to the subject you are drawing and every now and then stop to compare your work to the original. Its like a game of spot the difference only when you spot what's wrong with your work you can adjust it and correct it to make it look more like the original. This is called training your eye.

Proportions and landmarking would be helpful too. You will have seen this sort of thing in like Disney initial sketches or a how to on drawing a character from circles and lines. Look up Andrew Loomis and learn about these techniques.

I would try to find a teacher too if you are serious about drawing. Practice is super important and I would do that daily, but you need some pro guidance too.

Finally do not be afraid to keep making drawings and showing them to people. Critique should be embraced, tune out the unhelpful remarks that don't tell you how to improve.

3-4years from now if you keep learning and developing this skill you will be able to draw like a pro.

• Well not that good if I'm being honest. But so what? Drawing well is a skill that improves with practice. If you enjoy it, then do it and you'll get better over time.

It would be a huge mistake to say "I'm not that good now, therefore I'll never be good." One of the great joys in life is watching yourself improve at something you love over time.

Practice it, learn art techniques, and have fun πŸ˜„

• I'll be honest.
    It looks like a 6 year old has drawn this sketch. I appreciate your efforts but you need to work on your sketching skills. Try to sketch something else, something easy and then after some practice you can move to complicated things.

• I swear this community is fucking supportive. Well, for one, it's an okay drawing. Pretty bad if I wanna be truthful but it's a start. Keep going! But I fucking love this community of G@G πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯🀘🀘 THE SUPPORT IS UNREALLL

• >_> Can we have more polite and reasonable voting options? No one wants to make a bunny sad

It's better than the shite I drew as a kid at least

• That is more scary the any witch
    media3.giphy.com/.../giphy-downsized-large.gif

• U need to draw basic framework before drawing face details

• its not very good and looks like u were just lazy to

• Did it eat a Child or does it miss some Chromosomes?

• Better then what I draw...

• Its kinda hideous

• It's pretty awful sorry

• Pretty good for a 16 year old.

• Well at least you tried
    Thumbs up

• It's pretty good, but could be better.

• Ur haunted

• The eyes are good.

• Pretty realistic

• Great drawing

• Looks strange. I like it!

What Girls Said 4

• Call it naive art and make a fortune out of it.

• It looks like a talented 6 year old drew it.

• Love it

• Awful