Are the Beatles relevant in 2018?

Updates:
I’m a HUGE fan of The beatles and most of their solo work including Wings and I just want to know other people’s opinions on them.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, they are an influential part of musical history. Whether you are a fan of them or not, there are covers of their music popular today.

I’m assuming this question is due to the upcoming 50th anniversary of the Yellow Submarine and subsequent re-release into the theaters...

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You've probably heard the thing about Lennon saying they were bigger than God. There was a certain amount of truth to that. They were huge and had a huge influence on both music and society as a whole. No other band in history has come close to having that kind of influence.

So yes they are relevant, because society and music today would be different if not for the Beatles.

Besides, I still like their music. There are quite a few Beatles songs that are among my favorites of all time.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• I’m a huge fan as well. Totally recognize The Beatles as one of the bands that truly revolutionized rock music. Even music/artists today are still influenced by them.

But at my job in particular, these kids don’t know shit. All the music they listen to has samples from past decade songs. Yet they have no fucking clue nor appreciate the original songs at all!

It’s truly so disheartening & just one of my biggest pet peeves.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love them and their style... so I personally think they influenced our world... at least mine :)

0|0
    0|0
  • wtf? is this even a question when the answer is "ALWAYS"?

1|0
    0|0
  • I love Paul but they aren't relevant anymore.

0|0
    0|1
  • Not really.

0|0
    0|1
  • No..

0|0
    0|1
  • The Beatles are ALWAYS relevant.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 24

• Yes they are relevant to this day and always will be one of the great bands that turned rock and roll into what is today and that will never be taken away from them, they will always be known as one of the greatest bands ever assembled and even now their music sells millions... take care now

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. Everybody knows who the beatles are. Whenever you go into any classic rock playlist on spotify, you are sure to meet the beatles there. I'm not much of a fan myself, but I can appreciate what the Beatles have done for rock and popular music. They are integral to musical history.

0|0
    0|0
  • At this moment and time? not as much as they were 10 years ago... however in 10 years time they will be the go to classic band again... it comes from the bands being big at the time talking about their influence that brings them back into light...

All the bands from 10/20 years heavily mentioned the beatles which then led to fans of those bands finding the beatles... bands like oasis/foo fighters etc always talked about the beatles and their influence.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no.

Yes because there are many die hard Beatles fans out there.

No because they're old hat, yes they introduced many things into music theory, but everyone knows that now. Plus times have changed dramatically these days. Music is awful these days.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are to people who love classic rock music.
    They were good song writers and musicians too.
    ... and they did it without all of the technology around today.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not a fan but i know how important they are. I hear a lot of bands now claiming recorde to have held more No 1s than the Beatles but the fact is many of them haven't sold as many records combined as the Beatles did 1 7"inch singles

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes we don't want another species to go extinct. Such a tragedy when that happens. Nobody cares about insects but they need love too!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they are still relevant as their stuff is still played by people — and not just by those working in rock radio.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, they are still bugs right? They aren't extinct dude, bugs don't change based off the year.

0|0
    0|0
  • In a comparative and historical and nostalgic and explorative sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • I still play thier music my kids are playing them too. So umm ya.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are. they could have been much more huge had yoko never showed up

0|0
    0|0
  • Is the Bible relevant in 2018? Some things are timeless.

0|0
    0|0
  • Great question after all these years they do seem to be slipping into musical history.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, their influence is huge.

0|0
    0|0
  • Uhhhh
    Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0