How do people enjoy horror movies?

I was watching a scene today on Youtube, and it just blows my mind how people can stand to watch horror movies! Especially if they watch them alone at home. How can people do that? I get creeped out so easily and can't even leave my room or bed.

For those of you that watch horror movies, how the hell do you enjoy them? lol

1013

Most Helpful Girls

• I love horror movies omg. I normally get excited to watch a horror/thriller or mystery movie. I don't know why. I guess maybe the suspense and the unexpectededness excites me. I normally dont get tll scared after watching horror movies. I am able to forget about it and sleep peacefully

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • They’re pleasing. There’s only been a few that have made me actually scared but the gory ones do make me feel a certain way. Like I like not being able to watch a scene bc of how much blood there is😂 they’re just the most interesting movies

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guys

• Depends on the movie. Like I’m not into “Torture porn” type If films - Saw, Hostel... eh.

I usually enjoy it when there’s an interesting take on something... or an interesting twist. Cabin in the Woods, Sixth Sense, The Others, Motivational Growth... that sort of thing.

I also get a kick out of slightly campy stuff - Evil Dead Trilogy... Ash getting doused with blood and he falls off a chair and the possessed things start laughing at him... I just dig “camp.”

A lot of films these days resort to gore and constant jump scares... jump scares have to be done correctly - a film can’t rely on them too heavily.

I suppose it’s that it’s kind of fun in some ways... the heart starts pounding... I’m not in any real danger... I start laughing. Sometimes it’s the moment... I think part of it is that the adrenaline makes some people laugh. I think it’s seeing a funny scared expression... or feeling silly that you screamed so loud in front of someone... a bunch of things. I think for me, a lot of it is that I watched a lot of horror films growing up - and a lot of it was sort of “tame” or cheesy by many standards... (The Blob... The Tingler. last Man on Earth, etc) but I think there’s a sense of nostalgia there, too.

There’s a lot of horror films I don’t like... and there’s a lot I do. I haven’t seen an obvious horror film in probably two years, so I might be more easily creeped out or freaked out now because I’m sort of out of touch with a lot of the newer films... but

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • It's just a god damn movie man
    Yeah I know sometimes it scares the shit of me but you just have to enjoy it.
    Personally I feared too, but eventually it all go away and If you keep thinking about it then you should keep torturing yourself by keeping yourself from horror movies
    Enjoy them man just you enjoy other genres

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE