Who's version of Proud Mary is better: Ike and Tina Turner or Creedence Clearwater Revival?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Both versions are classics but given the fact that it was written by John Fogerty, I’ll have to give CCR’s version the nod.

0|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Ccr is better just has a better music to it. None other these done over songs sound rite to me ya for the last 40 years that I've been listening to music there have been about 20 songs redone by a new singer and I have to say the originals are what I like better.. but knew first might be why. My daughter was singing a Elvis Presley's song when I said it was by Elvis she laughed at me and said no it was by a woman. I looked it up and sure enough done over. Now that one did sound pretty good by a woman. Poor Elvis though they surely didn't have his permission to steal his music he'd probably let it happen but it just sucks that copyrighted music can be remade.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

What Guys Said 36

• media.giphy.com/media/w672xOOv9r0aY/giphy.gif

Creedence.

(though the Ike & Tina version is good too - I just wish they'd dumped the slow opening and did the whole thing up-tempo.)

0|0
    0|0
  • Left a good job in the city...

I think both have a place. TT certainly added emotion to the song, but Mr. Fogerty had a distinctive voice that resounds through the years. It's really not a competition; you can appreciate both.

0|1
    0|0
  • CCR

The Ike and Tina version is horrible. They totally butchered the song. I can't think of ANY songs Tina Turner did that I like.

0|0
    0|0
  • CCR no question. Good grief, what was that?
    They completely ruined that song. I didn't even know there was another version of it.

0|1
    0|0
  • That's an easy one CCR all day every day. They wrote the song. However, Tina Turner was an awesome entertainer.

0|1
    0|0
  • LOVE IKE & Tina... but sorry CCR version definitely better!

0|1
    0|0
  • Guess it's credence for the tone but tina is still so powerful

0|1
    0|0
  • Both great and so different but i will get of the fence for CCR

0|1
    0|0
  • Thats the worst ccr song ever. Please tell me you aren't really listening to it on purpose

0|0
    0|0
  • The boys from Oakland.

0|1
    0|0
    • Creedence?

• Yes. They are from the Bay Area in California. John Fogerty had never even seen the Mississippi when he wrote the song.

• CCR!

0|1
    0|0
  • Obviously ccr.

0|1
    0|0
  • Creedence

0|1
    0|0
  • Ike and tina

0|1
    0|0