Can you NAME a PAINTER (by heart) excluding da Vinci, Raphael, Rubens and Rembrandt, Picasso, van Gogh and Frida Kahlo?

The more you name the more I like you BUT no cheating with Google etc.

People are less and less interested in classical visual arts (2D).
That is my 'research' so please be honest and only serious answers. Thank you :)

2341

Most Helpful Guys

• Paul Cézanne. Easy. Local old famous one ;). Van Gogh was not so far from here ;p.
    Monet ! Manet ! Renoir ! Gaugin ! Matisse ! Warhol ! Dali ! And voilà finished by heart ! Some others come writing this but time to stop xD.

• mmmmmmm ;) Impressionsts... and French ;)

• as always no worries i know it ;) 😋

• ok then ;)

• Klimt Kandinsky Pollock Picasso Kahlo Rivera Diebenkorn Johns Banksy Caravaggio Michaelangelo DaVinci Rembrandt Gaugin O'Keefe Vandermeer Pizarro Warhol Rodin Mondrian Calder Seurat Escher Miró Dürer Modigliani Krasner Rousseau

Most Helpful Girls

• I can name a few Finnish ones, but it probably doesn't count, since no one knows them outside of Finland (but for example Eero Järnefelt, Helene Schjerfbeck and Hugo Simberg). But I can name Salvador Dali, Edvard Munch, Michelangelo and Johannes Vermeer. But I'm not interested in arts, I just paid attention in the art history class and those are still kinda general knowledge.

• Oh, I didn't know these Finnish ones, have to look them up. Thanks :)
      Ok, I see your point.

• Masashi Kisimoto
    2D artist for Naruto.

Lol a LOT, BILLIONS of people love 2D art... anime & manga are 2D and gross billions of dollars a month across the globe.

Not to mention other non manga animated series.

Frida and all them are old school 2D artists, not the only 2D visual art in the world.

That bias always irritated me in art class, as if Allen Neuwirth (the artist for Courage the Cowardly Dog,) is less than Van Gogh.

I made this point as my art teach was ranting about how our generation lacks in appreciating "real" art as one girl just received a visual 2D arts reward for her beautiful manga artistry that took 1st place over some renaissance art style pictures.

We are passed Mona Lisa guys, get your panties out your butt hole.

• I say its the era that makes a lack of interest in classical art. Usually art depicts the time and era, we have a different perception of beauty, events and life these days that classics dont really suit anymore in my opinion.

So Id say your hypothesis on that point is totally correct

• I was asking about Painting (painterly values like a flow of the brush, textures, etc) and manga and anima are more drawing-like techniques for me.

Can't google Allen Neuwirth... and can't refer to...

I agree with your teacher... your generation is familiar with 'your generation art - manga and stuff'.

• Yes... I agree.