When playing video games, do you make up your own game play rules?

As an example, when I’m playing elder scrolls or fallout one of my standard rules is that I don’t allow myself to buy anything from in game vendors. I either have to make what I need or find it somehow or steal it. The only time I allow my self to buy something is if it is a quest requirement that I buy it.

Or, maybe you only use a melee weapon... or something like that. Virtually every game I play I have some sort of rules that I make for myself. I really dont have a reason for it, I just do it.

222

Most Helpful Guy

• It's pretty standard to not buy items from merchants, they are usually crappy and overpriced... merchants in ES series are mostly for selling trash loots
    However for well designed games like Age of Decadence you actually need to buy from merchants to be able to survive because that game is brutal.

I have done something quite common too, that is to always min max my stats :)) e. g. extremely intelligent mage but physically frail, glass cannon type. Other standard stuffs include killing NPCs for exp as long as I don't need them anymore, stealing items for gold etc. oh and Always collect all the books, journals I could find

• It’s hust one example. Most everyone I know buys shit to help them level up their alchemy or armored experience.

I do other shit too. Kill all enemies. Use only a dagger. Go without armor.

Like the original fable you could wager on doing stupid shit in missions. I liked those.

• If you mean like buy materials from shop and craft 100 daggers then sell them back I think I did that too lol
      Oh you're cool, very nice 👌👌

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah. I just collect everything and try to finish everything