When playing video games, do you make up your own game play rules?

As an example, when I’m playing elder scrolls or fallout one of my standard rules is that I don’t allow myself to buy anything from in game vendors. I either have to make what I need or find it somehow or steal it. The only time I allow my self to buy something is if it is a quest requirement that I buy it.

Or, maybe you only use a melee weapon... or something like that. Virtually every game I play I have some sort of rules that I make for myself. I really dont have a reason for it, I just do it.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's pretty standard to not buy items from merchants, they are usually crappy and overpriced... merchants in ES series are mostly for selling trash loots
    However for well designed games like Age of Decadence you actually need to buy from merchants to be able to survive because that game is brutal.

I have done something quite common too, that is to always min max my stats :)) e. g. extremely intelligent mage but physically frail, glass cannon type. Other standard stuffs include killing NPCs for exp as long as I don't need them anymore, stealing items for gold etc. oh and Always collect all the books, journals I could find

0|0
    0|0
    • It’s hust one example. Most everyone I know buys shit to help them level up their alchemy or armored experience.

I do other shit too. Kill all enemies. Use only a dagger. Go without armor.

Like the original fable you could wager on doing stupid shit in missions. I liked those.

• If you mean like buy materials from shop and craft 100 daggers then sell them back I think I did that too lol
      Oh you're cool, very nice 👌👌

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah. I just collect everything and try to finish everything

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• In a immersive Role-playing game yes. Don't spend much, be honest, stay on the tracks on the important quest. Then fir the fights it depends of what character i choose to play.
    For example i began since 1 week fallout 4, and i behave like i already behave irl and how i think i would in Such a universe: sniper, explosives, furtivity and science

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah when I play girls, I like to see how close to the altar I can get them before leaving 😂...

I do that shit in Skyrim too. In far cry or assassins creed I like to take over towns without getting detected.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes but it depends on the game and not as often.

Whenever I play a shooting game i would use a pistol only and take down Everyone or if I was playing a fighting game I would use the weakest chars and dominate people

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope I beat skyrim in like 6 days... can't help it i been playing games PC games and Online games since the 90s when internet came out im trained to be efficient and think out side the box of a computer

0|0
    0|0
    • And Im sorry games in 2018 are a joke no good games out WOW killed the good game era

• Girls didn't even play video games when games came out lol 25 years later they do

• Once i finish a game ill go back through like that. Right now all my time goes into destiny 2 and ill put on the weirdest loadouts just to challenge my skill and see how fun it is

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't say as i play any of the home based video games. I stick with Donkey Kong, and Pac Man, i also rotate pinball games.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've made challenges to myself in some games, like using one weapon type until hitting G Rank in previous Monster Hunter games. Or adding my own set of rules to Fallout/Elder Scrolls games, sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah... I do have one simple rule

I never go below normal difficulty... if I can't beat up the game in normal difficulty then I don't deserve to finish it

0|0
    0|0
  • In the final fantasy games i had a rule of always getting all the summons at least before moving on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I generally decide on what would make a "perfect" game and aim for it first time if I can.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure! A classic example is to never allow anyone in Fire Emblem to die, since you lose them forever ^^

0|0
    0|0
  • I play to my real life standards. I'm not focused on stealing or murder. I'm not an asshole in the dialog tree either

0|0
    0|0
    • Me too. That’s why I kill all the innocent people at random times.

• I only kill those who aren't innocent or shoot at me first, unless as you stated it is required for a quest

• First time I played through fallout new Vegas I had the rule of 'If a character is killable, you must kill them before moving on.' That was fun 😃

0|0
    0|0
    • I do this one to, but only for hostile characters. No man left alive.

• Show All
    • One time I even dragged all the bodies I could get and stacked them at the tails statue thing.

• My favourite was always gathering all the heads in Goodsprings and building a pyramid out of them on top of the pool table 😂

• Yes, when I played Skyrim I had personal standards like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • Floor is lava

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I don't heal until after combat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry I don't play video games

0|0
    0|0
  • Always

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys