Question about tattoos? Did they overcharge me?

So a while back in October, I got my very first tattoo. It was something I had been planning for a long time & I was so excited to get it! I didn't really ask around or compare prices but I read reviews online and people said their work was amazing! But looking back on it now, I think I may have been overcharged. I don't regret it in the slightest & it was worth it.

But what I got was a tiny tattoo on my shoulder blade of my favorite bible verse & it was in all black. I don't think something that simple should be expensive but I ended up paying $100 plus the deposit. For those of you who are experienced with tattoos and pricing: would you say I was overcharged? Again I understand that someone is putting artwork on you to last your entire lifetime & obviously any amount of money you pay is well worth it! Just curious if they charged extra because they knew I didn't know what I was doing as a first timer lol :)

12