How has music redefined your life?

I can think of a myriad of ways music has redefined my life and even me as a person. I am curious what you guys have to say? I mean, for real. Where are my fellow music lovers? Not just passive, " music is cool", but like "I adore music and cannot live without it" and you say you would rather be blind than be deaf and not be able to listen to music. (I am sure a lot of you have been asked that specific question in Would You Rather)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• One of the only things that makes me happy

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Well, my wife was a music teacher... so there's that.

I still listen to her recordings, if I'm strong enough. I deeply miss hearing her practice while I made dinner.

I have many playlists, but one of my best is a playlist I call "Nouns"
    It's all music that reminds me of people, places, and things. For example, there's this from the soundtrack to The Mission which reminds me of the bighorn ram I encountered on the summit of Half Moon Pass in Yosemite...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIk8-yFFSe8

And Eric Clapton's Signe reminds me of my friend's daughter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYNbn1rHGwE

And Spandau Ballet's True, which reminds me of my wedding...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR8D2yqgQ1U

And many many more. It's like looking through a scrapbook. Except I can do it while I'm driving! ;)

When I go on trips, often the music that I'm listening to gets locked in my memory, and it seems like I'm not just driving through a landscape, but a musicscape!

0|0
    0|0
  • I love music, who doesn't? But I'm not one of those people who can't live without it or even listens to it daily. It helps time pass at work. My tastes have changed over the years as I've gotten older as well. It isn't integral to my life but I can see how it is with some people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tried committing suicide and as I was in the middle of passing out (overdose) my ring tone came on (some classical stuff) it kept me conscious and I'm here today

0|0
    0|0
  • music is what feelings sound like 😊 i myself wouldn't live without it. i also was a singer when I was young (19-21) in a rockband (we played smile empty soul, theory of a deadman and our remake of cranberries zombie) and i own 3 beautifull guitars.. any queations? 😅

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a musician, and love all forms of music. Music has definitely defined my love life more than anything. I go through waves of interest in specific genres, so whenever I date somebody new I have a certain thing I'm listening to. Ultimately I end up remembering the best times when going back and listening to the soundtracks that relationship made

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I'm a EDM Music Producer, so it's cheered me up! :)

1|0
    0|0
  • It's helped me discover who I am and really guided me to how I think as I resonate with the music and it's culture. It gives me purpose and a healthy outlet.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's been great. I write music for indie video games and just for fun. It's a great way to relieve stress and express yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's been the sugar-coated poison of my life I was in a band for 5 years and most of my girlfriends have communicated through music

0|0
    0|0
  • Music is transcendant. Mozart symphonic masterpieces are performed across language, cultural and geographic boundaries.
    Paul Young, the Beatles, Billie Holiday, MOTOWN, Gospel.
    I begin in the morning, reach out all day, refer to, sing and play music to the last waking moment.
    Just now, Paul Simon is shuffled and playing. Yesterday, it was Keisha, Alicia, Ingrid Michelson. Monday, Garth Brooks, Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney. Almost each night, imbibe with a sonnet, a glass of two of Cabernet and find Celtic Woman or Jewel to soothe the days events.
    I've been to venues worldwide, and there's one unmistakable emotion that is aroused, to every patron, regardless of persuasions, and it's the Mutual enjoyment of the music.

0|0
    0|0
  • When i am singing is the only time i can forget about my fears and problems in life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Music helps me to fall asleep at night

0|0
    0|0
  • It defined my younger years

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • tremendisly

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes