What is the best or hardest mind puzzle you've ever heard?

Interested to see any good, hard riddles or mind puzzles out there. Comment multiple if they're all really good.

My hardest one I've heard was this:
You have three bags of gold coins. One of the bags has fake gold, which will weigh a little more than the real gold, but you don't know which bag it is. There's a penny scale, but you only have one penny. How do you find out which bag has the fake gold?
Updates:
You can read the answer here:

pub10.bravenet.com/.../show.php

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Look up deduction puzzles. Hardest shit I've ever tried to solve, rarely can. Here's one of the more basic ones: You come across a two doors guarded by two guards (one in front of each door), a sign says one guard only tell the truth the other only a lie. They can only tell you yes or no. One door will lead you where you must go, the other door leads to death. You can only ask one question of one of the guards. What should you ask the guard you choose?

0|1
    0|0
    • I've seen Labyrinth, so I know this one. It's good though, makes you think.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• Brothers and sisters have I none, but the dead mans father, is my fathers son. Who is the dead man?

0|1
    0|0
  • I have no idea what's a penny scale and how does it work.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's basically just a scale, bit it takes 1 penny to use.

• Show All
    • Oh I see. So you can only use it once.

• Still don't know the answer tho.

• That riddle is really simple, though..

1|0
    0|0
  • Open the bags.

0|0
    0|0
  • This would be the hardest mind puzzle.

0|1
    0|0
  • Finding my way through life and make myself an identity is like the main puzzle, my life

0|1
    0|1
  • None comes to mind

0|0
    0|0
  • What's one third and a half of one hundred?
    This is the hardest I know I'm sorry. πŸ˜‚

0|1
    0|0
    • I don't know that one..

• Show All
    • The question is what is one third and a half so wouldn't you add 33.33 repeating = 1/3 and 50=1/2 together so the answer should be
      33.33 repeating +50=83.33 reapeting

• @jonathan_hyatt That's what's supposed to cause the confusion. πŸ˜‰ It's all how you read it.
      It can also be 50,33. As in 1/3+(1/2)β€’100=0,33+50.

What Guys Said 20

• What is the relationship between Ο€ and a slice of apple pie? (This was a joke riddle made by my maths teacher/professor and it took us quite a while to get it.

0|1
    0|0
  • a guy lives in a building on the 30th floor. Everyday he takes the elevator down and goes to work. When he comes back from work he rides the elevator to the 10th floor, then takes the stairs to his floor. But on rainy days he takes the elevator all the way up to his floor. Why?

Dm for answer?

0|1
    0|0
  • I recently got this one

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh that's really hard. I wanna say it's impossible, but I feel like that's too easy. I can't figure out the reason why it'd be which one.

• Show All
    • Chess boards are 8x8

• I have nothing still. Any luck?

• "You peel off the outside, and cook the inside. Then eat the outside, and throw away the inside." What is it?

0|1
    0|0
  • Is cereal considered a soup? Is a hot dog a sandwhich?

0|1
    0|0
  • weigh a piece of gold on the scale

what goes up but never comes down

0|1
    0|0
  • So many out there , the best one comes from within. A heart has the rhythm. The beat causes attraction. The soul can be solid, the spirit flows through you. I am legend but yet not history.
    TRUE 1 LOVE

0|0
    0|0
  • Does the penny scale compare the weights of two pennies? So you'd compare a single penny from each bag?

0|0
    0|0
    • No, when you put things on it, it just says the total weight.

• The biggest mindfuk for me is how to get rid of a boner in public

1|1
    0|0
    • Meditate. It'll soon subside in my experience. Just don't put energy into the sexual thoughts that will inevitably enter your mind. And let there be as little friction as possible down there as to not further stimulate yourself.

• Put a coin from two different bags if it's even then you know where the real gold is it's not to hard

0|0
    0|0
    • A penny scale doesn't compare weights, it just tells you the total weight of whatever you put on it. Otherwise that would work.

• Hardest mind puzzle? Hmmmm. Anyone of my girlfriends

0|0
    0|0
  • Einstein's puzzle.

0|1
    0|0
    • I looked up that puzzle, and I think I got it now. It's the German, right?

• I don't remember tbh, it was years ago. But the answer was online (double checked because it is easily one of the hardest puzzles). It took me 20 minutes iirc

• Ya I drew out the different houses and stuff on a paper. Took me a while too. :)

• Theseus' Ship.

0|1
    0|0
  • How, what, where, who and why?

0|0
    0|0
  • Life

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know of any

0|0
    0|0
  • Trying to figure out why women do what they do

0|0
    0|1
  • You didn't tell it correctly, but no matter.

You awake in a dungeon. There are two doors, which are unlocked, and a guard standing by each door. One door leads to certain death, and the other to freedom. One guard can tell only lies, and the other can tell only the truth. You don't know which door is which, or which guard is which.

You can ask either guard any question you want, but you only get ONE QUESTION to figure out which door is which.

1|0
    0|0
  • Thats hard for you? Just weigh two bags, if they are equal its the third one. The hardest I heard was: What goes uphill on three legs, but comes down on four?

0|0
    0|0
    • A penny scale is like a scale that measures one thing. Like a regular scale, so you can't measure two things at once. It's kind of an old term, people keep not getting it.
      That's a tough one...

• Show All
    • I have no fucking clue, Im also waiting for the answer from the guy who asked me that riddle

• Ah okay. I hate when that happens.

• Where are you from? I've never heard them called mind puzzles

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes