Who here misses Blockbuster Video?

I wish Blockbuster was still around. Does anyone else feel the same way?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really, they're definitely irrelevant now with stuff like Redbox and Netflix. But they were great for what they were while they were around. I can still remember the smell of the one near my house. All of them plastic cases

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No, not really.

It had had its day - what's to miss? If you really are feeling withdrawal symptoms, I believe there's still five surviving branches in Alaska.

0|1
    0|0
    • My blockbuster closed down when I was really young and now that I'm 15 I wish that I was old enough to appreciate blockbuster as much as I do now.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 2

• Blockbuster was my place to rent games and movies. It's like a library but for movies.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I don't! Those a$$h0l3s made all of their $$$ on late fees and other weird rules! I was elated when Netflix arrived on the scene! Good riddance to Blockbuster... Also, the owner of Blockbuster used to have films he didn't like edited...

0|0
    0|0
    • I feel that the late fees are well deserved. Say you got a book from the library and you gave it back after the due date for return, you have to pay late fees.

• You had to have it back by 10:59 am the following day. The time was determined by the local store management. If you rented the movie at 10 pm, you had less than 12 hours to view it, rewind it and return it. The reason that Netflix kicked their ass is that they figured out late fees were not necessary. There were car accidents over people trying to get to Blockbuster to return the movie. The "late fee" was another full rental fee... nothing like the library...

Recommended myTakes