When you buy a guitar, does it matter to you if its used or not? Do you prefer one way?

I'm wanting to get more guitars soon, and probably just going to mainly go with the used ones since they are less expensive. the one electric guitar I have is used. just has a few little dents in the body here and there, but plays bitchin' lol.

If I had the money to get a bunch of guitars right now, i'd get new stuff and even banged up stuff.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• What ever you have the money for will be enough.

When we talk about 'used guitars' the vintage ones are best. Like... a Gibson from the 70's or a Fender from the 60's or whatever.

If you buy a guitar from say 2009 and it's an Epiphone, or a Ibanez or something. It's not a vintage one, it's just used. If one of these is cheaper, and you don't mind a few nicks and scratches, I'd go for that.

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn’t matter in the beginning if it’s my first one and I don’t know to play quitar yet but if I already know to play then I would definitely want a new one