Is this a stupid song idea?

I have to write a song as an assignment for a class I'm in. It has to be something that is important to each of us as individuals about our day to day lige. I love writing and I actually think I made a pretty good song but too embarrassed to post the lyrics. I just want to know if it was a bad idea to write about being broke and struggling in life. Maybe I shouldn't make it so personal. Maybe it will make people uncomfortable?
Updates:
*life

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• It's a good idea

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a good idea I think. Everyone faces a long and tough time at least once in their life so it's relatable. You want any inspiration for songs based on struggle, anxiety, anger, etc? Basically problems that shape an individual's personality? Listen to Linkin Park songs. Most of their songs are about life problems, I can relate to all their songs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Worst assignment I've ever heard of. Successful songs, or the best songs are not determined by the meaning behind them. It's the melody that makes them good.

This should be a poetry assignment. Not a somgwriting assignmemt.

0|0
    1|0
  • "I'm poor yo
    Life is cruel yo
    Ain't got no money
    Can't find no honey"
    Repeat 2x

Chorus:
    "Oh noooo,
    Oh oh oh oh oh,
    Oh noooo
    Why am I so poor yo,"

Repaat 4x

feel free to copy my talent and use it as your own, if you need more let me know xD

0|2
    0|0
  • Well, righting will probably be lots of hardwork so, I'll recommend you plaggerism for this time.
    Like, take a song for another language and, translate it in English.
    My recommendation 7 Orange.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol, it might really make people uncomfortable and feel bad for you. But it's up to you whether or not you will share it.

In my opinion you should. It's not a stupid idea at all. Be authentic.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think it'll make people uncomfortable. Some of the most popular songs have been about people being broke or depressed.
    What do I know though, all my songs are about cannibals and mythology and shit 😂 never written anything personal like that

0|0
    0|0
  • Songs that are personal and come from your inner feelings are always the best we artists write.

0|0
    0|0
  • More emotional and personal music in my eyes stand out a lot more than the 2018 garbage

0|0
    0|0
  • Go with what makes you happy.

1|0
    0|0
  • The best songs are felt personally.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes