Why is it that popular music is getting dumber and dumber?

Everytime I try to translate a pop or hip hop song I regret it because it destroys everything. I can not understand why the dumbest beat and the dumbest lyriks are getting the most fame.
Why is this world just into dumbness?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s not you’re just looking in the wrong place. Most rock and pop from the past was rather dumb too. Look harder. Kendrick won a pulizer for Christ’s sake.

0|0
    0|0
    • *pulitzer

• I don't know why. This song is not better than the rest. It's only religious. The only intelligent pop music text was from pink and it was against Bush.

• Ugh. What? He talked about black empowerment mostly. It’s alsp for an entire album not a single song. I would say damn is the weakest of his works but Good Kid M. A. A. D city and To Pimp a Butterfly were straight up masterpieces. Look at death grips, brockhampton, princess Nokia all making really intelligent and important music.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because we live in a time where dumb people are idolized and turned into celebrities... for some bizarre and fucked up reason

0|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• We say it's dumb yet we like it after few days 😂 People most of the time don't care about lyrics. If they like the beat. It will be their jam.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people like that kind of beat and easy to follow lyrics

0|0
    0|0
    • ok you might be right. Maybe the people are getting dumber. I agree with you. I can imagine too that governments wants to make us more dumb and less rebel so they choose the dumbest people they can find and make them into rich hero biches

• Or people just like the music lol

• I can't imagine

• Cuz people are getting dumber lol

1|0
    0|0
  • To each their own

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• todays music isn't about the lyrics, but about the feel. It's just whatever sounds and feels good.

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends on the music u listen to. usually the mainstream music has the dumbest lyrics possible because it's what appeals to the media

0|0
    0|0
  • Man I wish I could get the answer to that aswell. I feel you.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are fewer and fewer that actually write those "top" songs

0|0
    0|0
  • Because the people listening to it are getting dumber and dumber

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes