Why is it that popular music is getting dumber and dumber?

Everytime I try to translate a pop or hip hop song I regret it because it destroys everything. I can not understand why the dumbest beat and the dumbest lyriks are getting the most fame.
Why is this world just into dumbness?

56

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s not you’re just looking in the wrong place. Most rock and pop from the past was rather dumb too. Look harder. Kendrick won a pulizer for Christ’s sake.

• *pulitzer

• I don't know why. This song is not better than the rest. It's only religious. The only intelligent pop music text was from pink and it was against Bush.

• Ugh. What? He talked about black empowerment mostly. It’s alsp for an entire album not a single song. I would say damn is the weakest of his works but Good Kid M. A. A. D city and To Pimp a Butterfly were straight up masterpieces. Look at death grips, brockhampton, princess Nokia all making really intelligent and important music.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because we live in a time where dumb people are idolized and turned into celebrities... for some bizarre and fucked up reason