What do you think of Ariana Grandes latest single and music video?

1|3

Most Helpful Guys

• Not sure why I got a notice for this question.

I once saw a youtube video where singers' voices were isolated during live concerts. Some of them were off key when there's no digital clean up. I remember Ariana's voice was spot on. One of the most on key of all the performers in the video, male and female. She does very good singer impersonations, too.

However, she should fire her elocution coach. It's hard to understand what she's singing.

The video setting reminds me of Blade Runner (old and the new).

She's talented, but I don't like her music style.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I LOVE THIS SONG

I love the scenes and how it was filmed and the song is super catchy
    I like her styling in the video (except for the white puffy dress and boots)
    I love the lower pony and the hair colour
    And the silver dress
    Her voice is no surprise she always sounds fabulous
    I love the background of the video even tho the world she is in is kinda trippy
    My favourite scene is when she takes her face off

I don't like her makeup in one of the scenes. It doesn't look appealing to me
    (1:56). I have no reason but I don't think it looks good.

The intensely shiny lips made no sense but they looked great so who can complain

To be honest I had to listen to this song 3 times until I liked it

1|0
    0|0
    • I actually had to listen to it a few times too before really "understanding" it and liking it. It's so different to her usual stuff so it took a while to get used to it.
      They just released the behind the scenes, and it was SO interesting to see how they did the mask scene! I thought it was all just CGI/special effects, but apparently they had to make an actual mold of her face (which looked super creepy). And as for the masks on the floor, she had to position herself on the floor exactly how they had been positioned, and then retake the shot perfectly. Really creative.

• The Song
    It's kinda catchy, I like the change in key (?). I don't really understand what she's saying outside the chorus sometimes bc the music and her nose singing kinda mash together. It's not a hit in my opinion, but it's not a flop. Time will tell. I would listen to it if it was on the radio, but I wouldn't look it up on Spotify.

Also, sometimes the lyrics are just so bland and predictable for pop.
    I was disappointed with the lyrics overall, but the opening like 10 seconds was interesting and fresh.
    The Music Video
    I like the music video concept and execution.
    I also like her styling in the video (except for the white puffy dress)
    I find the close ups of her shiny lips and her 50 bright heads singing weird and kinda out of place.

3|0
    0|0
    • Really nice breakdown, and I agree with a lot of your points. I love how different it is from her usual work but at the same time it’s maybe just a tiiiiiiiny bit bland for being a massive hit like Into you for example. And I agree that she could work a lot more on enunciation, it’s something she’s had a problem with for quite some time. I wasn’t quite as blown away as I was hoping, but I was pleasantly surprised by the video and it’s decently catchy.

• Speaking of Into You, have you ever heard the 80's remix (it was a random youtube suggestion like months ago) If you have the time, you should give it a try, I'd like to know what you think :)
      https://youtu.be/8uDQ0P9AWc8

• Yes!! It’s actually so good, and the picture is hilarious. Love it.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• i prefer this... all i can say about her is she is sexy as hell but her music style holds no interest for me
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTeUmVZrhr0

0|0
    0|1
    • This is the worst of the worst. The song sucks and the message is bullshit. A classic example of a politically ignorant musician alienating half of his audience and making a complete ass of himself by making political statements on an issues that he knows nothing about.

• Show All
    • Your truth is that you're a freeloading, gate crashing, illegal alien from a third world country. Fix the shithole banana republic country that you were born in because the American taxpayer just can't support every third world idiot who wants to live here. I voted for Trump, after thinking long and hard about it, and I stand behind that vote! by the way, this is the type of wholesome music that I listen to. Enjoy:

Steeleye Span - Peace On The Border
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV-1hoiO6x8

• @castratedwhiteguy no. im a middle class white man in the uk with a more open mind than you

• Haha, I literally just watched this... I honestly haven't been a huge fan of her in the past. I mean, her voice is really great obviously... but I LOVE this song and the video is stellar!

0|0
    0|0
  • The music video is charming, her voice is gorgeous, but the song is very naff. Her two best songs are One Last Time and Problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like the song. Sounds closer to the stuff of her Yours Truly album which is the only album from her I like

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a big fan of her songs, but her voice and her performing is always amazing. I like her even though I don't particularly like her music

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it, this is so much better than fake wannabe country music they're putting out today.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not my cup of tea, and dont know why, but She always reminds me of a 8 year old girl, lol

0|1
    0|0
  • i don't listen to Ariana Grande so all in all i don't care

0|1
    0|0
  • She's quite hot. I went on the video for like 6 times a day.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it a lot. The song is very enjoyable.
    The video is a bit confusing 😂 but very good aswell

0|0
    0|0
  • She's hot and cute and all but I don't particularly like her music.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's a useless PoS

1|1
    1|0
  • Forgettable

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol I don’t listen to that stuff 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • I couldn't care less

0|1
    0|0
  • it wasn't too bad

0|0
    0|0
  • A little too high pitched for my tastes.

0|0
    0|0
  • How can someone be so hot

0|0
    0|0
  • I think she's hot, is what I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's crazy but still gave me a boner. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• The video is cool, kind of trippy, but I don't think it's anything special.
    I like the song though. It's catchy and fun, definitely been stuck in my head since I heard it. I feel like it reminds me of another song but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not bad, but not special, I'll completely forget about it in about 5 mins.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not like it. It is cheap. All people sing that way and they copy and copy from each other and do what they dare but not what is good and if things repeat the audience drops dead from boringness and they only think of what good sells and people feel that and notice that. There are people with talent and good voices they are never interested in the proof is there is always the same genre non stop and that is boring and a coward thing to do to only think about money even tho if you did not but about creativity you would be richer and not they remain poor but hide that fact. But that is the same reasons also for whores whey they were not much cloth. It is because they are poor and live a lifestyle to remain that. 😯

0|1
    0|0
  • Great voice and well made video! Love the lights in it <3

1|1
    0|0
  • The music video is interesting and I don't really like the song.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its ok

0|0
    0|0
  • It's good. Her music is my guilty pleasure

1|0
    0|1
  • I hate it

0|0
    0|0
  • Love it look like she having fun.