What do you think of Ariana Grandes latest single and music video?

1624

Most Helpful Guys

• Not sure why I got a notice for this question.

I once saw a youtube video where singers' voices were isolated during live concerts. Some of them were off key when there's no digital clean up. I remember Ariana's voice was spot on. One of the most on key of all the performers in the video, male and female. She does very good singer impersonations, too.

However, she should fire her elocution coach. It's hard to understand what she's singing.

The video setting reminds me of Blade Runner (old and the new).

She's talented, but I don't like her music style.

Most Helpful Girls

• I LOVE THIS SONG

I love the scenes and how it was filmed and the song is super catchy
    I like her styling in the video (except for the white puffy dress and boots)
    I love the lower pony and the hair colour
    And the silver dress
    Her voice is no surprise she always sounds fabulous
    I love the background of the video even tho the world she is in is kinda trippy
    My favourite scene is when she takes her face off

I don't like her makeup in one of the scenes. It doesn't look appealing to me
    (1:56). I have no reason but I don't think it looks good.

The intensely shiny lips made no sense but they looked great so who can complain

To be honest I had to listen to this song 3 times until I liked it

• I actually had to listen to it a few times too before really "understanding" it and liking it. It's so different to her usual stuff so it took a while to get used to it.
      They just released the behind the scenes, and it was SO interesting to see how they did the mask scene! I thought it was all just CGI/special effects, but apparently they had to make an actual mold of her face (which looked super creepy). And as for the masks on the floor, she had to position herself on the floor exactly how they had been positioned, and then retake the shot perfectly. Really creative.

• The Song
    It's kinda catchy, I like the change in key (?). I don't really understand what she's saying outside the chorus sometimes bc the music and her nose singing kinda mash together. It's not a hit in my opinion, but it's not a flop. Time will tell. I would listen to it if it was on the radio, but I wouldn't look it up on Spotify.

Also, sometimes the lyrics are just so bland and predictable for pop.
    I was disappointed with the lyrics overall, but the opening like 10 seconds was interesting and fresh.
    The Music Video
    I like the music video concept and execution.
    I also like her styling in the video (except for the white puffy dress)
    I find the close ups of her shiny lips and her 50 bright heads singing weird and kinda out of place.

• Really nice breakdown, and I agree with a lot of your points. I love how different it is from her usual work but at the same time it’s maybe just a tiiiiiiiny bit bland for being a massive hit like Into you for example. And I agree that she could work a lot more on enunciation, it’s something she’s had a problem with for quite some time. I wasn’t quite as blown away as I was hoping, but I was pleasantly surprised by the video and it’s decently catchy.

• Speaking of Into You, have you ever heard the 80's remix (it was a random youtube suggestion like months ago) If you have the time, you should give it a try, I'd like to know what you think :)
      https://youtu.be/8uDQ0P9AWc8

• Yes!! It’s actually so good, and the picture is hilarious. Love it.