Is it rude to cancel plans with someone and not tell them?

I've always thought it was rude. Communication is the key to any relationship. If u can't go, u should tell the person right? It's better than just not showing up at all.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• It indead is kinda rude... And mean. Cause the other wastes time, but more important the other will be worried

1|0
    0|0
    • I've never done this to someone before but I've had many people do it to me

Most Helpful Girl

• If a so called friend says to me that we are meeting and we arrange a day and time and they do not turn up but then maybe hours or days later they say sorry about that and make an excuse that is it, they are history. Nobody who cares about you or respects you treats you that way. You know they do not care so why bother? Likewise if we make a firm arrangement and they know I am taking time off of work to stick to it, and then at the last minute they cancel, end of. I have taken time off of work, so their excuse of sorry cannot come now a friend is popping over does not wash. They could have said no to the friend and stuck to the arrangement, same as I did, when I turned away paid work to stick to it.

1|1
    0|0
    • I like how u think. I've made arrangements with my friends and they either have excuses or something but they will spend the entire day watching my snaps of me out with another friend.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• Very rude

1|0
    0|0
  • Unless there is a very good reason, dependant rushed to hospital or such, then yes, extremely rude.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's rude to cancel plans with someone especially someone your dating.
    I can see if it's a emergency than that would be different.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes its rude to cancel and not tell them they should also tell you at least a few hours in advance not like an hour before your meant to go out

1|0
    0|0
  • Super rude, and if it was an emergency that popped up it takes like 10 seconds to text so really there's no excuse

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, unless there is an emergency and communication isn't possible.

1|0
    0|0
  • YES... they will never value you as a person.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm pretty sure that he doesn't value me either.

• Show All
    • I totally apologize for my answer dude. I thought u answered my other question. I indeed do think not telling someone ur not going is rude and never have I done that before. Sorry 😬💀

• No worries Matie. You can tell me anything

• Yeah

1|0
    0|0
    • I've had so many people do this to me. Then they wonder why I don't ask them to hang anymore. LoL

• Give what you get.

If they don’t give, they don’t get.

• So basically don't invite them to places anymore and ask other ppl?

• Yes. It's very rude.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes yes it is lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely!!

1|1
    0|0
  • Of course it is

1|0
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• Courtesy demands that one should inform with whom any plan was made.

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely

1|1
    0|0
    • I've had a few friends do that to me. I invited them to eat dinner with me to celebrate my birthday and only 2 of them showed up. The other 6, didn't text me or call me saying why they couldn't come. I felt so bad but then I didn't care because I was enjoying the people I was already around. :)

• That's a bummer but glad it was fun anyway

• Of course it is!!!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes