Is it rude to cancel plans with someone and not tell them?

I've always thought it was rude. Communication is the key to any relationship. If u can't go, u should tell the person right? It's better than just not showing up at all.

414

Most Helpful Guy

• It indead is kinda rude... And mean. Cause the other wastes time, but more important the other will be worried

• I've never done this to someone before but I've had many people do it to me

Most Helpful Girl

• If a so called friend says to me that we are meeting and we arrange a day and time and they do not turn up but then maybe hours or days later they say sorry about that and make an excuse that is it, they are history. Nobody who cares about you or respects you treats you that way. You know they do not care so why bother? Likewise if we make a firm arrangement and they know I am taking time off of work to stick to it, and then at the last minute they cancel, end of. I have taken time off of work, so their excuse of sorry cannot come now a friend is popping over does not wash. They could have said no to the friend and stuck to the arrangement, same as I did, when I turned away paid work to stick to it.

• I like how u think. I've made arrangements with my friends and they either have excuses or something but they will spend the entire day watching my snaps of me out with another friend.