Prof asked me to quickly design a logo for her 'air sports club'. I made a rough idea first and then the polished/abstracted. Which do you like more?

... I like the polished one more.. guess what she chose.. Yes.. the first one because the second one looked too professional and abstract.. she liked the understatement..

Prof asked me to quickly design a logo for her 'air sports club'. I made a rough idea first and then the polished/abstracted. Which do you like more?The long ass sentence looking thing, is the name of the club by the way.. (Its german)
  • Prof asked me to quickly design a logo for her 'air sports club'. I made a rough idea first and then the polished/abstracted. Which do you like more?My rough idea after I heard what kind of club they are
  • Prof asked me to quickly design a logo for her 'air sports club'. I made a rough idea first and then the polished/abstracted. Which do you like more?My abstracted and polished Idea

74

Most Helpful Girl

• The client is always wrong. Send her yours again but with something obviously wrong (like a parachute is an ugly color) then have her point that out to you before you finalize it so she'll feel like she did something and you'll be able to put a tolerable logo in your portfolio.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • But she is my prof and stated that she liked the wacky beginners style.. Oh well.. Imma just put the second one in my portfolio and act like this never happened..

Most Helpful Guy

• The second one looks more like a heart and doesn't give the idea of what the business is about. The first one of the two parachuting together is more straight forward but doesn't grab me either... But it is on the right track.

I am assuming the business is about skydiving or some sort of parachuting company?

I would suggest something in between where you have one of the parachutes from the second design, one of the people in the first on an angle with the chute, two lines to connect them and rather than the green square, surround the chute and character with a simplified green cloud.

Been doing this stuff since 1998 so I don't mind helping out... However as you may know, context helps everything. I'd need to know more background on the company and what you want to achieve with the logo.

Oh and please tell me you're not making the logo in Photoshop and are actually making it in Vector ala Illustrator or at least Corel. I see so many people make logos for businesses in Photoshop and in 72dpi.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • The problem with abstract in a logo is that a logo is meant to quickly portray what the company does and be easily understood.

I see why she liked the first one as its more easily understood.

The second one as mentioned, looks like a heart design I have seen many health care and health related businesses use.

I like how you did the people though in the first one but I do see your point about it being a bit direct, like a blunt instrument... But if I only could choose between the two for my business it would have been the first one.

• They do. Its just a bunch of people..

• Also I just started learning so OF COURSE they look like an amateur made em.. Its my first semester.. also a PROF asked me to do this.. which should already tell you that someone who's still learning is making this logo.. (You'd know its my prof who asked me this favor if you'd read at least the title) she could do it herself 1000 times better.. she asked me so I can also practise..

So not only didn't you want to help, you just wanted to show off some fake knowledge questions like 'did yOu uSe iLlUsTrAtOr?' that even a first semester can answer with of course.. you also act like a dick by trying to belittle the work of a beginner student.

'Common sense is not a gift but a punishment.. because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.' You are the best example for why it is a punishment.