What was unusual about Scarlett O'Hara compared to other members of the planter class in Georgia at that time?

Hint: Look at her name...
Updates:
Correct! Irish planters were extremely rare... there were actually more black and Cherokee slaveowners than Irish...

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• She was an English actress playing an Irish planter or is it because it's possible that her character is based on the mother of U. S. president Theodore Roosevelt?

0|1
    0|0
    • Thank you. I didn't know that part. Interesting... the Roosevelts were Yankees to the core...

• Your welcome. It's my job. Super nerd to the rescue.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• She was Irish... and a real selfish bitch which is why women need to learn that, at some point, men usually reach this conclusion with women which is why older women often have a rough time finding a man.

https://youtu.be/xLnTWxpTQt4

0|0
    0|0
    • Maaaaan did you fucking NAIL that! The older women become, the bigger bitches they are!

I think women are amazingly talented, smart, emotionally engaged- but Jesus H Christ, they are the biggest bitches under the Sun.

I’ve seen them destroy their own kind in the Corporate environment, especially when they know how hard it is to climb the ladder there...

• I cannot believe there is someone else who actually realized this in the story. Being half Irish (and half Italian), it annoyed me how the story is totally inaccurate. The Irish didn't start coming to the United States until the 1850s (because of the potato famine], and most of them lived in poverty in the northeast. After blacks, they were next on the "treat like shit" list, along with Italians, who didn't start coming here until the 1880s, well after the Civil War.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Irish were seen as lower class during certain periods in the US. I don't know if that applies here or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was a wizard of Oz kid, could not stand that movie.

0|0
    0|0
  • she was of Irish ancestry or her name is scarlet whereas everyone else was in the cotton industry?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes