What do you think of this list of top ten British swear words/ insults? Correct or not?

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Bloody hell is not a fucking swear word so I don't know how that got on a shitty list and it's dickhead not knobhead that's just so posh people an people who don't wanna swear can say dickhead. Not to mention half those words ain't swear or curse words. Fuck, cunt, bitch, whore, slag, arsehole now those are swear words.

1|0
    0|0
    • Technically, bloody hell is a swear word, and slag isn't.

• Show All
    • If we're been serious all swear words started as slang before becoming the beautiful words they are now and apparently I've been saying fuck all my life ever since I was a baby wanker.

• Yeah, they did- but as vulgar slang, with at the time, really societally unacceptable connotations, that's why.

Most Helpful Girl

• Minger is certainly outdated, I reckon munter is more used now, but there are probably more regional things for calling people ugly now (not that there weren't before) that are used instead.

Shite is Scottish, plonker is quite cockney,

Bellend is definitely used a lot, weapons grade bellend being my favourite,
    I think piss off isn't as popular now, bugger is quite southern, and I think Wanker is used more than bollocks and bloody hell, and dick head is used far more than knob head.

I think F and C are probably used most over here now, and they've missed out all the best daft ones like Cockwomble, thunderc***, ball bag/bawbag, pillock, wazzock, tosser, ligger, and of course, knobjockey.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• i love British swear words, they are amazing XD

cunt, wanker, knob, but its the way they pronounce it which makes it amazing

(the vid showed the movie once or twice) lesbian vampire killers had me spit my drink more then i'd care to mention XD

1|0
    0|0
  • Total rubbish

Any list without Arsehole, Fuck or Cunt really isn't a very comprehensive list.

1|0
    0|0
    • How can anyone justify a list where plonker ranks higher than cunt as an insult? It just dosent make sense. It's a PG rated list.
      Even within the video clips they've bleeped fuck, above all these other words. You try walking down any British high street, you call 5 people a plonker and 5 people a cunt, see who gets more insulted

• When they call someone a bell-end or knob... cracks me up. The accent makes it... lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Brits like to call people cunts but it's funny because they're the ones who usually have a self righteous cunty attitude

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not exactly a swear word but there is something beautiful about calling somebody a "muppet"

1|0
    0|0
  • Dunno. I have little experience with British slang

1|0
    0|0
    • Oops, I shouldn't have answered. I guess I thought it was a requested answer

• Bollucks, arse, wanker top 3

1|0
    0|0
  • My mum is English so I’ve heard them all before

1|0
    0|0
  • Anything the British say is Awesome!!

1|0
    0|0
    • Mariela Frostrup possibly has one of the best British voices- proper radio voice

• sum what true

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes