How does Netflix know what I’ve watched?

My parents have had a Netflix account for years and I had a profile on their account. And I’m still living with them and stuff and off if they’re just trying to prove a point or be rude or something but they locked me out of Netflix and changed the Netflix passwords. So I didn’t want to have to pay for one even tho it’s only like $8 a month but I thought I’d at least do the one month free trial. And when I made an account with my own email address and credit card info and stuff when o signed in it said continue watching and had all the shows I watched on my parents accounts exactly where I left off on it... but this is a completely separate account so how does it know?

28

Most Helpful Guy

• That's what big data analysis provide for. They have a check on your previous searches and keep a record so they can sell you similar stuff

• On a different account?

• Your device id is also saved
      And the cookies used are stored in the device... May which account you bring up

Most Helpful Girl

• Netflix has your divices ip/id