How does Netflix know what I’ve watched?

My parents have had a Netflix account for years and I had a profile on their account. And I’m still living with them and stuff and off if they’re just trying to prove a point or be rude or something but they locked me out of Netflix and changed the Netflix passwords. So I didn’t want to have to pay for one even tho it’s only like $8 a month but I thought I’d at least do the one month free trial. And when I made an account with my own email address and credit card info and stuff when o signed in it said continue watching and had all the shows I watched on my parents accounts exactly where I left off on it... but this is a completely separate account so how does it know?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That's what big data analysis provide for. They have a check on your previous searches and keep a record so they can sell you similar stuff

0|0
    0|0
    • On a different account?

• Your device id is also saved
      And the cookies used are stored in the device... May which account you bring up

Most Helpful Girl

• Netflix has your divices ip/id

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Artificial intelligence with enough data of your information and search history to write your biography.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either it knows your address or your device otherwise they wouldn't know. Unless you had an account previously and forgot about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your internet browser has a thing called "cookies" that store a lot of information on what you are viewing.

0|0
    0|0
  • because it's on the Internet and they can track your IP address

0|0
    0|0
  • They could tell by your IP address or the fact you were using the same device (if you even were)

0|0
    0|0
  • Were you using the same device?

0|0
    0|0
  • Magic

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Oh lordy lmfao 😂

0|1
    1|0
    • i know right... what she gonna think when she discovers what cookies are

• Show All
    • It was trolling? And you weren't trolling? "I know right... What she gonna think when she discovers what cookies are" that isn't trolling but what I said is? I wasn't trolling you, I was agreeing with you. Too bad you don't have the mental capacity to understand cookies, sarcasm and trolling at the same time :/

• @wankiam you tagged me after my reply. How were you not talking to me. I appreciate the block though, don't need to deal with your outdated opinions of the internet 😂

Recommended myTakes