Anybody like the Eagles song Lyin Eyes?

I feel bad for her. She's stuck married to an old guy she doesn't love, while her true love is sitting across town waiting for her...

217

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 16

• Was listening to that song 3 days ago.

Its not about an old man. Its her ol' man which she has no interest in but just can't leave him...(him being the song writer Don Henley) but she has found true love and fire with another man that she must keep secrets and lie about. But she eagerly awaits that day when she can be her lover's arms all night and into the sunrise.

I often thought of this song as a muderious anthem for spouse killing.

• It's a fine song and very well crafted. But I don't feel sorry for the girl, and the songwriters are actually quite critical of her. She's not exactly a person to admire.

"Aint it funny how you knew life didn't change things
    You're still the same old girl you used to be."
    (Meaning she's still the same faithless girl she's always been.)

• I thought about it some more and maybe there is something about this girl to be sympathetic about. No question that she's always used her looks to manipulate men and get along in life, and she's a cheater. But when she considers her life in that moment where "she stares up at the stars up in the sky" she obviously is feeling regret. Maybe that boy she thinks about that she knew in school liked/loved her for who she was and not just for her looks. Maybe he was a "good guy" who didn't just stare at her boobs. And maybe she never really gave him a chance because she was the girl who dated the star quarterback on the football team. And lots of other guys who just saw her as a piece of ass.

• I like the song, and I don't really feel sorry for the girl. She didn't have to marry the rich old man. City girls just seem to find out early... how to open doors with just a smile... a rich old man... and she won't have to worry... she'll dress up all in lace and go in style.

• ... and she's cheating on him and he knows cos " 🎵🎶there ain't no way to hide your lying eyes🎹"
    Blast from the past but love Eagles, love the song 😍 I used to play it on the 🎹 lol

• Eagles are amazing. It is always a pleasure to listen to their music :-)

• Love Eagles! And that song is great.

But i don't feel sorry for her. She married him for money not for love, so now she is cheating to find love. She married him. She knew what she was getting into.

• I LOVE that song! My God, the lyrics are just as true now as they were then

• I like the Eagles in general. Saw them on their "Hell Freezes Over" tour. They were great.

• Good song but sad.

• I. like the Eagles but not that particular song

• GREAT SONG shitty subject

• I’m still getting into the Eagles

• Haven't heard this song.

• Glen Frey could write some amazing lyrics, rip

• All Eagle song were written from real experiences according to the documentries about the Eagles. {EAGLES} Netflix

• I don't know the song...

• Absolutely hate it.. 😂

What Girls Said 1