What would make him say such a racist thing?

My biology teacher talked about how Francis Crick said that whites are more intelligent than blacks due to their supposedly larger brain size. She also said that it's a silly and controversial thing for him to say. My teacher (white) isn't racist at all.

However, a white boy in class said, "Well, yeah, that's kinda true. There's literally 1 black guy in this class." There IS only 1 black guy in my advanced biology class. But the white boy was pulled out of class by the teacher and I didn't see him for the rest of the day. He just opened his mouth and said that with no qualms. That boy is slow. Seriously. Who would say that in the middle of class?
We're studying DNA, so my teacher decided to give us some background information on Francis Crick.
I'm in 9th grade.

112

Most Helpful Guy

• Who cares about skin color. We are all human right? The previous president of the US was black and had done far better than any of the other presidents. There are a lot of black actors that are better and more successful than whites. Your race does not prove a thing.

• I'm just wondering why that boy would say something that silly in class. He's fifteen and is in an advanced class, so you would think that he knows to think before he speaks. But apparently, he doesn't. Just common sense.

• Okay no Obama was definitely not the best president. At the same time though, he definitely wasn't the worst either, and managed to clean America up after the mess that was George Bush, so I give him major props for that ๐Ÿ˜‚

• @purplevicky118 even if he wasn't the best he was definitely one of the good ones (i hope)

Most Helpful Girl

• It might be his background and how he was raised
    He probably can't help it
    But he should've kept that to himself
    That was rude and disrespectful
    He owes the African-American an apology

• But he has said other dumb things before. He asked what is Shakespeare's last name, said there was a president named William McClintic even though we just spent an entire week discussing the president in class. How do you forget something that you've studied every day for a week?

• He might have short term memory loss
      Or some type of amnesia
      Or he doesn't pay attention in class
      Or he could actually be a little slow