What would make him say such a racist thing?

My biology teacher talked about how Francis Crick said that whites are more intelligent than blacks due to their supposedly larger brain size. She also said that it's a silly and controversial thing for him to say. My teacher (white) isn't racist at all.

However, a white boy in class said, "Well, yeah, that's kinda true. There's literally 1 black guy in this class." There IS only 1 black guy in my advanced biology class. But the white boy was pulled out of class by the teacher and I didn't see him for the rest of the day. He just opened his mouth and said that with no qualms. That boy is slow. Seriously. Who would say that in the middle of class?
Updates:
We're studying DNA, so my teacher decided to give us some background information on Francis Crick.
I'm in 9th grade.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Who cares about skin color. We are all human right? The previous president of the US was black and had done far better than any of the other presidents. There are a lot of black actors that are better and more successful than whites. Your race does not prove a thing.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm just wondering why that boy would say something that silly in class. He's fifteen and is in an advanced class, so you would think that he knows to think before he speaks. But apparently, he doesn't. Just common sense.

• Okay no Obama was definitely not the best president. At the same time though, he definitely wasn't the worst either, and managed to clean America up after the mess that was George Bush, so I give him major props for that ๐Ÿ˜‚

• @purplevicky118 even if he wasn't the best he was definitely one of the good ones (i hope)

Most Helpful Girl

• It might be his background and how he was raised
    He probably can't help it
    But he should've kept that to himself
    That was rude and disrespectful
    He owes the African-American an apology

0|0
    0|0
    • But he has said other dumb things before. He asked what is Shakespeare's last name, said there was a president named William McClintic even though we just spent an entire week discussing the president in class. How do you forget something that you've studied every day for a week?

• He might have short term memory loss
      Or some type of amnesia
      Or he doesn't pay attention in class
      Or he could actually be a little slow

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Why is there only one black kid in you advanced bio class?

0|1
    0|0
    • Because it is probably not that big of a school my school is actually nicked name white branch which i have no words for

• @btgs012 There are 1,600 students in total (9-12 grade). There are literally 28 students in my advanced bio class. And only 1 black guy. No other black students in the class, except for him.

• He's just ignorant and young. He can learn and the teacher dealt with it. His comment might not have been meant to insult.

0|0
    0|0
  • He found it funny. It's as simple as that, i think.
    He probably wasn't raised to think that kind of racism offensive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Apparently Francis never met Neil deGrasse Tyson...

0|0
    0|0
    • I did lmao, he's an alumni of my high school so I got to speak to him once when he came back to visit. And I can say with absolute certainty that this boy needs to have a nice chat with him, I think he'll learn quite a bit ๐Ÿ˜‚

• @purplevicky118 No way that's so awesome, I'd love to just talk with him for half an hour, someone with such a powerful intellect and beliefs about the future would be amazing. Same with Michio Kaku.

• Some people have a superiority complex due to low self esteem and feeling like they're not good enough so they take it out on others.

0|0
    0|0
    • He always spoils movie endings for everyone. And draws on the teacher's board even though she doesn't allow it. I think he's just an immature boy.

• Intelligence can be genetic, with there being obvious examples of people born as prodigies. But for the average person, their success in school and being able to learn in culture.

Asian's are dwarfed compared to the white population in the US yet statistically, Asians have a much higher chance of graduating college, becoming successful business owners and have higher IQs on average. This is because their culture promotes and pushes scholastic intelligence.
    Rich children or children from more well off families have better education, intelligence and success due to their upbringing, regardless of race. And there are low income children who are naturally interested in certain subjects so they research and learn a lot on their own, even if they didn't do good in school.

Again, this is mostly a cultural thing. Upbringing, environmental factors influencing these kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he probably has terrible parents who donโ€™t know how to teach their child manners.

0|0
    0|0
  • Brain size has nothing to do with how smart you are

0|0
    0|0
    • Also the reason he said that is either stereotypes or the people he grew up around

• Show All
    • Well, the teacher pulled him out of class immediately, and everyone else was either shocked or giggling. He isn't the class clown, but he's just dumb. Everyone knows that, but they couldn't believe he is THAT dumb.

• It doesn't surprise me that someone would say that it doesn't surprise me at all

• Heโ€™s just an idiot

0|0
    0|0
  • Purge him

0|0
    0|0
  • A racist?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes