Aside from being detectives, what do Philip Marlowe and Spenser For Hire have in common?

Updates:
The dude with the Latin name is right... both characters are named for Elizabethan writers...

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Their attitudes. Very, "you say this about me, but I you're full of shit" mentality. Or that they know themselves too well for anyone to question their integrity or honesty or work ethic or grit or charm or you name it. This is them, take it or leave it, and I'm going to do my job the way I feel is the best no matter what you say or how you want me to work. I get the job done so either help me do it or get out of my way.

0|0
    0|0
    • Damn mind expanding questions... I bet the sex with you is the same as well. Exploration, mind teasing and sensual intimidation... Fine, go ahead, have my body if you must... But I won't like it... ;)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Not sure but Marlowe and Spenser were both Elizabethan dramatists and poets

0|1
    0|0
    • Yes and I believe Elizabethan dramatist can be likened to the over the top writing of Marlowe and Spenser except the Phillip Marlowe and Spenser for hire very masculine writing, with masculine characters and rather sexist marginalizing treatment of woman where as an Elizabethan dramatist is by definition pro feminism. pro Queen Elizabeth and certainly anything Elizabethan would not marginalize women or treat women as mere sexual conquests. Yet what is the most prominent Elizabethan trait.. her collar.. so perhaps Elizabethan dramatist were not as pro feminism as there name would imply.

• Show All
    • @Candilayne you must be kidding me, Elizabethan refers to the period of 1558 to 1603 and dramatist refers to someone who writes plays

• @Candilayne wow... I totally did not realize any of that till you said it... thank you!!!

• The only thing they have in common is the fact that I have no idea who they are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, now they both have been mentioned on G@G.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wild guess
    The actor

0|0
    0|0
  • Both fictional and both American?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know who those people are

0|0
    0|0
  • Both characters were first created from novels?

0|0
    0|0
  • Both tv shows SUCKED.

0|0
    0|0
  • The common thread is I never watched either show.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both fake

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you know what a manwich is?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes