Do you think $70 would be too much to spend on admission to a music festival?

There is a music festival in a town 30 miles away from me which is 4 days long. For one day ticket prices are anywhere from 65 to 70 bucks plus parking and whatever food you get. Do you think its worth it just to go?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on who is playing and if there are a few bands playing whose music you really like. I’d never go to a festival here because it’s like £300 for a weekend ticket (excluding food and parking). I did want to go the Download festival as five of my favourite bands were playing but I couldn’t justify the price knowing that the ones I wanted to watch were set to be playing at the same time on different stages.

It’s expensive and there are usually a lot of shit bands playing but if you’re only wanting to see one band, it might be better to just get a ticket to one of their gigs.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends if you go with friends or not. The experience is worth it alone depending on how much you like the lineup, and its better if you have that to share with someone

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• How big is it? I feel like a big one with a lot of people on the setlist would be worth it?

I don't do music festivals though, but I have been to Comic Conventions and usually a whole 4-day weekend is 40-70 in presale (depends on the size, I go to bigger ones) for a whole weekend. And a little more at the door. I don't know if festivals regularly cost more money or what but... it sounds okay, a little steep but maybe worth it if a lot of good bands are there.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't really think music festivals are worth that much, when usually 90% of the acts are shit. I'd rather just spend that much on an exclusive gig from the only good performer of the bunch. But if you like all the performers, it's not that much.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's actually damn cheap unless it's a bunch up and coming or has been... But it's a question of whether you can afford it... When I do Music Festivals I go every day

0|1
    0|0
  • it's not too much if there performs someone you adore

1|1
    0|0
    • i would pay even more for a concert of my most loved artists

• That's actually pretty cheap. Even for a one day pass to Bonaroo is a couple hundred I think.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not like you go to a music festival everyday, so it's okay to spend some more money once I awhile and for whole 4 days? Awesome! If you like the music or know you will like the music there, just go for it! It will probably be fun

0|0
    0|0
  • No ! The 70 you’ll spend eventually the memory from that night will last forever !

0|1
    0|0
  • I gave 100 euros for Shakira. It's not much go and enjoy

0|1
    0|0
  • That's about average for one day tickets - at least in my area

0|0
    0|0
  • That’s really cheap. Most music festivals are $200-$800

0|0
    0|0
    • Granted they aren’t one day tickets. So that’s not that cheap actually but probably worth it for one day offun!

• Pay it and if u don't want to then buy me crop top of they money 🙈

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot but not to much

0|1
    0|0
  • No not really

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 21

• How many bands in a day? Who are the bands playing? I went to a Seether, Three Days Grace, 10 Years, Starset, Fozzy and Red show for 40 bucks. So that's 6 big names for 40$. That's a good price. If it's a 4 day show then there is probably like 10 or more bands playing throughout the day or more. That's well worth 70$

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's something you want to do then do it. Memories of things you do are worth more than money

0|1
    0|0
  • That's not too much. It's a lot, sure, but some festivals are worth it. If that festival is worth it, I don't know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends, if you think the artist is worth it do it.
    I've driven across an entire state just to experience 30 min of awesomeness.
    I regret nothing.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the festival if it's something like Download then nope but if it's a crappy local one with just local college bands then nope.

0|1
    0|0
  • That’s not bad, tickets to get one concert can be well over 200

0|1
    0|0
  • Not anymore. I paid that in 16 for slipknot, log, and bullet for my Val. In 00 i paid 140 for metallica, sod, piwer5000, korn, kid rock, and someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is cheap for a festival. All the ones out here are like 300 bucks

0|1
    0|0
  • Man if the line-up is solid, that's like chump change lol... Definitely worth it!

0|0
    0|0
  • I've spent over $500 on festivals before, $70 is dirt cheap

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a weekend pass to a festival where I payed 135 and that's a medical festival.

0|0
    0|0
  • for one day? no, not with gas, food and any other expenses

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Bout average

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it sounds like a good opportunity.

0|1
    0|0
  • $70 for 2 - 4 day pass would be better.

0|1
    0|0
  • That's pretty cheap

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck ya

0|0
    0|0
  • How famous are the singers?

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not. That’s cheap.