Is modern poetry a joke?

My class was assigned modern poetry to explicate, and one kid was assigned tau (gh) t by tc tolbert and here is just a small part of it below. Keep in mind we are in high school. Another kid was assigned work from a poet who is a self-proclaimed "queer mexican immigrant cyborg" and another who claimed to be "anti-jail"Is modern poetry a joke?Is modern poetry a joke?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, no, a lot of modern poetry is amazing and has incredible amounts of emotional depth.

THIS shit is trash. But it's also a pretty small sample size, don't you think?

• Well I just assumed because it was on a list of "top 10 contemporary poets" so I figured this is as good as it gets

• Thanks for MHO

• It picked randomly but i probably would have picked yours anyway

Most Helpful Girl

• I don’t like poetry anyway