Is modern poetry a joke?

My class was assigned modern poetry to explicate, and one kid was assigned tau (gh) t by tc tolbert and here is just a small part of it below. Keep in mind we are in high school. Another kid was assigned work from a poet who is a self-proclaimed "queer mexican immigrant cyborg" and another who claimed to be "anti-jail"Is modern poetry a joke?Is modern poetry a joke?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, no, a lot of modern poetry is amazing and has incredible amounts of emotional depth.

THIS shit is trash. But it's also a pretty small sample size, don't you think?

1|0
    0|0
    • Well I just assumed because it was on a list of "top 10 contemporary poets" so I figured this is as good as it gets

• Thanks for MHO

• It picked randomly but i probably would have picked yours anyway

Most Helpful Girl

• I don’t like poetry anyway

1|1
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• That's really sad you were assigned that trash. There is legitimately great and non-obscene contemporary poetry you could have been assigned instead.

0|0
    0|0
    • My teacher found these from a list of "best contemporary poets"

• I could come up with a bunch of random words, put them in a hat and put them together and still probably get better poetry then what we've been assigned

• The kid actually looked this up on spotify to see if he was accidentally assigned a rap song

• I stopped reading after 5 lines... Hope that answers your question :|

1|0
    0|0
  • That was beautiful 😍

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• That is shit just like modern society.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes