What makes an artist?

In your opinion, what makes an artist, a true artist?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Someone whos good at drawing/acting/writing/performing and is truly passionate about it. They will let no one talk them out of their dreams/goals

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Isn’t art an expression of oneself in some way or manifestation? It could manifest in a painting, drawing, sculpture, etc. So, I believe anyone who chooses to express themselves in some physical way, can be said to be an artist. I don’t know anything about art, so this is my opinion.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Ability to think differently, outside of society's rules.

0|1
    0|0
  • If they can provoke thought. If an artist creates a work that makes me think in a way I haven't before, then they truly deserve to be called an artist

0|1
    0|0
  • Passion, commitment and believing in what they do. No matter what other people say, they keep making their art.

0|1
    0|0
  • He can't make a living of it, yet prefers to live in 'poverty', making just enough so he can still work on his art even if just for a couple hours on the daily.

0|1
    0|0
  • Someone that puts their heart into a piece of art and has the ability to make people feel what they feel through this piece of art.

0|1
    0|0
  • Someone with creative spirit. Not afraid to be unique.

1|1
    0|0
  • insanity

0|1
    0|0
  • Practicing again and again. Striving so hard.

0|1
    0|0
  • Francis bacon

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Skill in making something nobody can recreate and is beautiful to look at

0|1
    0|0
  • something new, something fresh, something thought provoking

0|1
    0|0