Any bookworms here? What is your favorite fiction genre to read and how old are you? Why do you prefer it?

I'm interested in what genres y'all are interested in (fiction only please, I'll do another question about non fiction later)? What books do you most enjoy? Why do you enjoy them? What are your favorite books? How old are you? Where are you from? You're education level/ occupation? What are your favorite books?

(I listed some popular examples of that genre in parenthesis, however, please keep in mind that books rarely are strictly one genre. So yes Twilight could be considered fantasy, romance and young adult - it actually is - I just listed these books in those singular, specific genres just to give a quick example.) I also, obviously, couldn't list all fiction genres, so I picked most popular and familiar.

Non readers, please move along.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate any feedback is appreciated :)

https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.5oxftxf1LYJkzqMur6OdgQHaFd&pid=Api
  • Horror (Anything Steven King: The Shining, It)
  • Literary fiction (To Kill a Mockingbird)
  • SciFi (Harry Potter)
    Vote C
  • Young adult (Hunger Games)
    Vote D
  • Romance/erotica (50 Shades of Grey)
    Vote E
  • Fantasy (Twilight)
    Vote F
  • Thriller (The Da Vinci Code)
    Vote G

620

Most Helpful Guy

• I am somewhat of a bookworm. I like science fiction, usually what most term as "hard science fiction." I've been seriously into the works of Robert Sawyer lately. His book Calculating God is one of the best scifi reads I've experienced in say the past 30 years.

A close second for hard science fiction for me is alternate history. I loved Robert Conroy's 1945. I loved Harry Turtledove's what-if-the-Confederacy-won series (called the Order 191 series). It's very interesting to speculate what would have become of North America and the world had the South won the Civil War. One of the reasons I prefer Turtledove to Conroy is that with Turtledove's work, America doesn't always win.

Now, that being said, WHAT THE FUCK IS HARRY POTTER DOING IN SCIENCE FICTION?

• Sorry, Harry Potter was listed as SciFi when I googled it lol I've never read those books.
      I like science, but I just dont like scifi. I don't know why. Though, I am interested to read the Calculating God one. My boyfriend just loves alternative fiction too. I am not a huge fan, but there are some interesting thoughts on historical events when reading them.

• Calculating God is da bomb!

Deals with questions about the universe appearing designed, and if it was designed, who or what made it?

Tell your boyfriend about Robert Harris's Fatherland. In my opinion the absolute best alternate history ever written. Police procedural book in a victorious Nazi Germany about the greatest whodunit in history. Where did all those Jews go?

Most Helpful Girl

• #ProudBookworm

I'll read anything lol. I've read all but 2 of the books/series from your list. Well minus Stephen King and I've read a bunch of his books. My favorite authors are James Patterson and Jasinda Wilder. Two totally different writers. One is pretty much all suspense/thriller and the other is romance/erotica lol.

I've been reading since I was 4 years old. Writing my own stuff since I was 10. I'm 30 old ass years old now lol. I have many favorites. HP will always be in my top 5 no matter how old I get or how many books I ready.

• Are you ever gonna try to publish a book? If so, in what genre?

• So the system picks in a week now? I thought it gave us 30days! :(

Curse you @girlsaskguys

• Yup, they changed it.