Did The Joker actually love Harley Quinn at some point?

I know that he was mostly abusive towards Harley but there are some cute moments between them in the 90’s Batman the animated series. Also, my friend said that I’m similar to Harleen Quinzel (pre transformation) is this a bad thing? I LOVE Harley Quinn!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Possibly he loved her at some point hard to tell with the different versions and various styles through the years. It could be a good or bad thing depend on what your friends mean by you similar to her.

0|0
    0|0
    • That I’m desperate for someone to love me, that I want a boyfriend badly, and that is probably get into an abusive relationship because I’m scared I’ll never get into a better one.

• Show All
    • I followed you won't let me message though.

• I messaged you

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the version you read or watch. I personally dont think so.

0|0
    0|0
    • Any of them. It wasn’t so bad in Suicide Squad, only in the origin story & when he left her in the car was he being abusive

• Show All
    • Yeah but that was in the origin story section, but in the present time; the Joker spent the entire movie trying to get her back.

• Soo if a guy tortures you and forces you to harm yourself it means he loves you?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Trying to understand the joker is never going to happen. And if you somehow could pull it off you would probably end up pretty fucked up. But yeah, he does care about her in his own fucked up sort of way. I mean, he did skin that one dude alive just for fucking with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Narcissists don't experience love in the normal sense. Did he care for her? No. He showed complete disregard for her safety and even tried to kill her several times.

Did he love her? Complicated but no. Harley was an asset, more along the lines of an owned object than a human.

He used Harley. That's the closest he came to loving her.

0|0
    0|0
  • No he didn't he saw her as possession not a person that's why when she started to pull away he gets pissed and manipulates her back as he sees it as a tool being defiant

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that's a good thing, Harley is both smart and good looking, and less crazy before meeting joker (just try not to meet your joker)

0|0
    0|0
    • I want a boyfriend though

• Show All
    • It’s unrealistic, I won’t find a guy that’ll throw me into acid and make me crazy. Acid would kill me

• The joker doesn't throw her into acid. He seduces her while she's his psychiatrist, she falls crazy in love

• Lol. Harley Quinn in like... suicide squad... is sexy. But truthfully... I don't know

0|0
    0|0
    • I meant in the entire DC universe. I did love Suicide Squad and I love Margot Robbie and the costume she wore in that movie. The Joker wasn’t that bad in Suicide Squad.

• Show All
    • I liked the movie, but I don’t read comics just watch the movies and the tv show

• Ok. Well... im gonna see it. Just wanted to know if it's good. Two of my favorite songs are from that movie. So I really want to watch it.

• Yes, he did.

0|0
    0|0
  • Isn't he a sociopath?

0|0
    0|0
  • They were both pretty crazy. Harley more crazy.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• No, abusors are capable of doing good things even to the people they abuse. Still abusors. He never cared about her beyond having a henchperson to break him out of Arkham.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't believe he did and I think she knows that now.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes