Metalheads (old school and new)!!! is Iron Maiden metal to you?

I believe it is but I've been talking to one person on GAG who apparently says that its not metal at all. he is someone who thinks that pretty much only new metal bands are edgy and I guess that the old stuff isn't even metal at all compared to new. what do you think?

627

Most Helpful Guy

• Here’s a list of metal bands I like, taken from my YouTube metal playlist:
    Kreator
    Venom
    Mercyful Fate
    Blind Guardian
    Megadeth
    Grave
    Archspire
    The Crown
    Nile
    Ouroboros
    S. O. D
    Sepultura
    D. R. I
    Cannibal Corpse
    Entombed
    Bolt Thrower
    Decapitated
    Atheist
    Cryptopsy
    Behemoth
    Carcass
    Burzum
    Drudkh
    Watain
    Dissection
    Bathory
    Sarcofago
    Voivod
    Obliveon
    Obscura
    Vektor
    Gojira
    Vader
    Godflesh
    Iced Earth
    Necrophagia
    Suffocation
    Paragon
    Manowar
    Flesh Consumed
    Sabaton
    Scarab
    Fleshgod Apocalypse
    Abnormality
    Animals As Leaders
    Bloodbath
    Artillery
    Amon Amarth
    Carach Angren
    Marduk
    Vehemence
    Enslaved
    Bornholm
    Decrepit Birth
    Kataklysm
    In Flames (the old shit lol)
    Cephalic Carnage
    Dream Evil
    Fear Factory
    Napalm Death
    Origin
    Morbid Angel
    Candlemass
    Death
    Dimmi Borgir
    Satanic Warmaster
    Immolation
    Obituary
    At the Gates
    Autopsy
    Dying Fetus
    Manegarm

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

• God there’s so many that I still need to add. Metal is King of music. in my opinion of course lol.

Am I a metal head? I say yes, Iron Maiden is metal.

Metal isn’t just some strict definition. It’s a culture. It’s more than who was influenced by what, or who made metal first.

• right on bro \m/

Most Helpful Girl

• They definitely are. There are multiple subgenres of metal and apparently this dude needs to learn that it's not all thrash metal and pay attention to the classics. They're not really my favourites but they're definitely metal.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE