Metalheads (old school and new)!!! is Iron Maiden metal to you?

I believe it is but I've been talking to one person on GAG who apparently says that its not metal at all. he is someone who thinks that pretty much only new metal bands are edgy and I guess that the old stuff isn't even metal at all compared to new. what do you think?

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Here’s a list of metal bands I like, taken from my YouTube metal playlist:
    Kreator
    Venom
    Mercyful Fate
    Blind Guardian
    Megadeth
    Grave
    Archspire
    The Crown
    Nile
    Ouroboros
    S. O. D
    Sepultura
    D. R. I
    Cannibal Corpse
    Entombed
    Bolt Thrower
    Decapitated
    Atheist
    Cryptopsy
    Behemoth
    Carcass
    Burzum
    Drudkh
    Watain
    Dissection
    Bathory
    Sarcofago
    Voivod
    Obliveon
    Obscura
    Vektor
    Gojira
    Vader
    Godflesh
    Iced Earth
    Necrophagia
    Suffocation
    Paragon
    Manowar
    Flesh Consumed
    Sabaton
    Scarab
    Fleshgod Apocalypse
    Abnormality
    Animals As Leaders
    Bloodbath
    Artillery
    Amon Amarth
    Carach Angren
    Marduk
    Vehemence
    Enslaved
    Bornholm
    Decrepit Birth
    Kataklysm
    In Flames (the old shit lol)
    Cephalic Carnage
    Dream Evil
    Fear Factory
    Napalm Death
    Origin
    Morbid Angel
    Candlemass
    Death
    Dimmi Borgir
    Satanic Warmaster
    Immolation
    Obituary
    At the Gates
    Autopsy
    Dying Fetus
    Manegarm

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

• God there’s so many that I still need to add. Metal is King of music. in my opinion of course lol.

Am I a metal head? I say yes, Iron Maiden is metal.

Metal isn’t just some strict definition. It’s a culture. It’s more than who was influenced by what, or who made metal first.

• right on bro \m/

Most Helpful Girl

• They definitely are. There are multiple subgenres of metal and apparently this dude needs to learn that it's not all thrash metal and pay attention to the classics. They're not really my favourites but they're definitely metal.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• Iron Maiden is one of the best old school metal bands ever dear Metal Head <3
    There are many genres of metal, rock, hard rock, heave metal, etc...
    Maybe the guy you were talking to is more about death and black metal?
    Anyways, music has evolved just like everything else and humankind.
    Let's take for example the computers back in the 70s and 80s, it will seem to someone from the newest generations that they were not computers, right? but they actually were the first computers.
    Metal music started somewhere and evolved just like everything else.

My Iron Maiden playlist:
    - 2 minutes to midnight
    - 22 acacia avenue
    - 2 AM
    - Aces High
    - Afraid To Shoot Strangers
    - Be Quick Or Be Dead
    - Chains Of Misery
    - Don't Look to the eyes of a stranger
    - Fear of the dark
    - No prayer for the dying
    - Only the good die young
    - The loneliness of the long distance runner
    - The number of the beast
    - Wasted years
    - Wasting love

Thank you for sharing this question dear Old School Metal Head, yeah \m/ :-D

1|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • that's awesome! thanks XD

• No need to mention dear Metal Head, always a pleasure for me to share thoughts, opinions and ideas ;-)

\m/

• Everyone seems to have a different definition of what metal is. Even heavy metal bands have different definitions. Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne and Motorhead did not believe they were playing heavy metal, yet the heavy metal fans believe they were the ones who created the genre. So how do we have a genre of music that the creators themselves say they didn't make it? In my opinion, Iron Maiden is heavy metal, but that's me. But among the heavy metal community, no two people agree. I'll bet anything no two people will 100% agree with each other on what bands fit the definition of heavy metal. Does Led Zeppelin fit the mold? Some say yes, some say no. What about Deep Purple or Cream? Def Leppard? Is 'hair metal' really heavy metal or is it classic rock? Is classic rock only defined by the decade it was created in? Is Crazy Train a heavy metal song or a classic rock song? Every classic rock station worth it's spit plays it at least once a week. It's such a blanket word.
    I know this doesn't relate to your question, but when it comes to you creating music, don't define your genre and then make music. Make the music first and then pick your genre. That way, you're much freer in how you write music.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think if Pink Floyd and The Beatles are both considered "rock and roll," then all your nu-metal bands can share the term "heavy metal" with Iron Maiden.

Actually though, I think that to be perfectly accurate, Iron Maiden is considered true Heavy Metal, and later bands with a heavier sound would be called Metal, prefaced by some adjective, like "thrash," or "speed," or "death," or "black," or "industrial speed black death thrash."

1|0
    0|0
  • Iron Maiden is Metal as hell. They're even one of the most influential Metal bands ever! One of the best NWOBHM bands!

1|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Here's a newer poser metal band. I just found these guys, but I must dump them now. So sad!

www.youtube.com/watch

• @kaazsz this guy is retarded😂

• If you're asking if Iron Maiden is metal versus all the new screamo crud, the bigger question would be is screamo metal, or is it just noise. I'm going with noise and yes Iron Maiden is metal.

1|0
    0|0
    • The members of Iron Maiden, despite controversy's. they're also Christian's by the way.

• It is. Metal is not something noisy and aggressive, it has multiple and very dlfferent subgenres. Those, who claim otherwise are just cocky kids

1|0
    0|0
  • I have all CDs (i bough a box), and keeping buying only CDs. Before decades ago, i was bought some Vinyl. My 1st Vinyl was a 'Real Live One.'
    I like Paul Diano's Voice too.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's soft rock. Iron maiden is ths epitome of shit passing as metal

0|0
    0|1
  • Metal music always going in evolution, better not comparing completely Iron Maiden metal what about katatonia..

1|0
    0|0
  • They were and now just kind of. They started straying into the progressive metal world in the 90's.

1|0
    0|0
  • it's metal, but lighter on the metal scale to me. I like hardcore metal

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes they are metal. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what metal is.

1|0
    0|0
  • Iron Maiden is metal, they are considered Heavy Metal

1|0
    0|0
  • NEVER ALL HAIL THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST 666!!! \M/

1|0
    0|0
  • Metal as fuck. Love the Maiden.

1|0
    0|0
    • yo @CTCD2, your thoughts on this?

• He probably thinks despacito is metal. It isn't even an argument tbh.

• A what now is metal?

Well, you can't really get more metal than listening to Aces High in an F18 during takeoff at over 200 knots and then pulling a vertical climb.

Well, kinda imagining, because not even the loudest shitty plug earphones can really overpower the sound of the afterburner. But that's a minute detail.

Wink wink **

• fit right in "Heavy Metal" genre

1|0
    0|0
  • It's metal

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. Old stuff started metal.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really. But they're awesome nonetheless

1|0
    0|0
  • It's all metal. He doesn't have To clue.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• Iron Maiden is metal. They've always been a metal band. Not rock n roll but metal.
    That's like saying Slayer isn't a metal band!

1|0
    0|0
  • I love old school metal, definitely they are metal, it was defined way back then it's not a recent thing

1|0
    0|0
  • they're a part of NWOBHM so yeah

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah defo

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes