Weird question 😂 how do you ride a bicycle?

I've always had a bad balance, i would legit fall off my tricycle. So my mom quickly sold my bicycle and i just never learned..

My partner and friends are willing to help me learn, but are there any tips and advices I should know before trying this πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚Weird question πŸ˜‚ how do you ride a bicycle?

014

Most Helpful Guys

• It's always the start that throws people off because once the bike gets moving at a certain speed, you're less likely to fall off! I would recommend trying out one of those exercise bicycles you see at the gym or practice standing on your tippy-toes! When you feel like you can balance yourself long enough without tipping over, you'll be ready to try that bicycle once more!

There's also no shame in knowing how to ride a bike at this age. My girlfriend is 26 and still is terrified to ride one since she's afraid of falling off too! I'm currently helping her by riding a tandem (two seated bike) together. She can't stop gripping the handle bars so hard though XD

• Hahaha πŸ˜‚ thank God im not the only one. That's super sweet of you! I have so many scars on my knees cause I've fell over! πŸ˜‚ I just don't know how to start the motion

• My 4 years old niece learned how to and I wasn't able to go with her :(

• That explains a lot :( If she can do it, you most certain can too! :) When you plan to give it another try?

• You have to keep its wheels spinning and therefore maintain the whole bicycle in motion. The more speed the bicycle has, the more balance it will automatically acquire. Although you only need a very small amount of speed in order to not have to worry about the balance. If the bicycle is just standing still, it will naturally fall to one side or the other.

Rule of thumb: You keep the balance of a bicycle by keeping it in motion -- it's *not* like walking on a tightrope.

When you are just beginning, try to conduct the bicycle strictly forward. Place one of your feet on one of its pedals and push the other foot against the ground to gain an initial speed. Once that last foot leaves the ground, place it on the other pedal, and keep the bicycle moving forward.

When you are OK going forward with the bicycle, you can start making curves. That is easy, you just need to rotate the handlebar one way or the other.

• For the record, I also only learned to ride a bicycle when I was 18, with the supervision of my then 11 years old sister (I never had a bicycle of my own). I was also very scared at first but, surprisingly enough, it only took a couple of hours for me get comfortable with it, and that only because I didn't know about that "keeping the bicycle in motion" rule! After I figured it out, all the difficulty was basically solved.

Another tip: when you're standing still on the bicycle and about to initiate motion, start off with the pedal you have your foot on in a high position, and while you push your other foot against the ground, start pedaling with the first foot right away, then place the second foot on the other pedal and then keep pedaling with the two.

You don't need to go too fast.

• You are seriously the best πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€” promise I'll try!!

• Believe it, you can do it. As I said, I was also 18 when I learned to ride a bicycle, and I just needed a couple of hours, even though I was never able to ride one before in my life.

Let us know about your success story once you make it! =)