What do you think of Steve Vai?

One of my favourite guitar players, I'm wondering what everyone else, especially non-guitarists think.

422

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• Mehhh

• He's good but I wouldn't say he's the best

• terrible

What Guys Said 21

• he's a great guitar player for sure. though I did work at a music store for a while and he was asked to play their. so he came and demanded a certain type of lunch or food that was only available in a completely different city. so the warehouse guys had to take the van and drive about 40 min to get there and the same to get back. like really it is too much.

I know that tender surrender song, I love the playing, but all that 'acting" is a bit much.

• Great player, great technique, amazing skills with the guitar and good use of musical theory. I respect him, but my favorite guitar players are Gilmour, Rory Gallagher and Frank Zappa. Steve Vai played for Frank Zappa back in the day, so I guess that matters also to my overall respect towards him.

• He's a great guitar player, but he's got no personality and that's not Rock N Roll. There's a million people on YouTube that can play just as good as him, you don't get recognition in Rock N Roll for just talent it's all about appearance and Satan worship and supporting the Separatist Movement.

• he is a great guitarist. not my type of guitar playing but even still it is impossible to deny how good of a player he is

• He's one of the reasons I picked up guitar in the first place. I memorized his song "For the Love of God" on electric guitar.

• Steve Vai is amazing! He's right up there with Steve Howe (Yes) and Alex Lifeson (Rush) - my three favorite guitarists.

• I find him impressive, but for me its a bit of overuse of technical playing. I enjoy listening to him but its not something id just put on.

• Awesome guitarist. He was with David Lee Roth for a while, and played the devil's guitarist in "Crossroads". He kicked ass!

• Hai is fucking awesome , great guitar player but I don't think he is the best , now satriani is amazi g and Eric Johnson I would say best

• Great guitarist but I find his albums kind of boring.

• One of the best guitarists ever! (But I like Joe satriani More tho)

• I respect Vai as one of the legendary guitarists but I don't listen to his music often.

• He's kind of a wanna-be eccentric-wise. But Art Music he isn't.

• Steve Howe is better

• Talented.

• die to live and bad horsie ftw

• He is no Frank Zappa

• That's a retarded statement, particularly as Zappa picked the boy up in his teens and blatantly praised him. But, simply, they're different people.

• No clue who he is

• Who?

• I think he is amazing.

• More from Guys
    1