Do you think it’s weird for people to cry over a celebrity’s death?

for example, Avicii. His fans never met him yet they cry
  • Yea
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure, various celebrities absolutely. Some celebrities are so because of what they have done, not any music or TV or movies.

For instance, I know I would cry upon learning President Obama's death. However, he will likely outlive me, but, being very close in age and worldview, he's like my brother. Sometimes I tear-up that he's not still our President given our current alternative.

Sometimes, the celebrity is a celebrity of misfortune such as Alfie Evans in the UK; it's criminal what they did there.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I don't think it is weird.
    You don't have to have known someone personally to feel a connection to them. If you were a fan of this person then they may have created some of your favorite songs, movies, TV shows, etc. People relate to these things, it makes them happy, it helps them through hard times.
    Not to mention they're not just a celebrity, they were a person. Anytime somebody dies, it's sad.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Music can touch the hearts in ways sometimes that it's understandable. After all, when you do music, you open yourself in public. If some people likes what the musician share as a little part of himself/herself, I think in this instance the "fans" feel a bond with the artist. And we know one way or another that breaking bonds with someone we care about is painful, I think even more when death strikes.

0|1
    0|0
  • I watched tributes to Avicii and i haven't listened to his songs in years but they brung me to tears because he was such a powerful force in the industry

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really! After I "witnessed" a car crash far off in my field, I saw a white blanket get covered on the ground through my binoculars and I cried... I didn't even KNOW the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not really. Sometimes some celebrities give some kind of connection. Like, their experiences, songs, acting, or just something.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not at all. I cried most recently when R Lee Ermey passed away. Semper Fi Gunny.

0|0
    0|0
  • especially when it is someone is just a drugged out dj

0|0
    0|0
    • He died by suicide. You’re an asshole.

• Crying over anything is weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah a little bit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea...

0|0
    0|0
  • Jus a little

0|0
    0|0
  • Not weird, but dumb

0|0
    0|0
  • No, If they admired him so much, they would feel the lost. But some people overreact

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• No it's not weird, he shared a part of him they could relate to, therefore they felt they knew him and suffered a loss as much as his actual friends did, let them mourn.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. His music inspired many. They feel a personal connection to him. And he died so young. It's normal to feel sad about that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't even listen to avicii and i cried when i knew he died

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. His music and life influenced them

0|0
    0|0
  • its not weird.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes